Home

Most popular football forum on OS

This is a discussion on Most popular football forum on OS within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Most popular football forum on OS

Anyone else notice that the 2k forum consistently has the same or more people viewing than the Madden forum? With 07 coming out in a about a week, I find it odd (but pleasently surprising) that this forum is getting more views.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Most popular football forum on OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
Anyone else notice that the 2k forum consistently has the same or more people viewing than the Madden forum? With 07 coming out in a about a week, I find it odd (but pleasently surprising) that this forum is getting more views.
Don't be surprised to hear a Madden soldier reply "OS has always been pro 2K and always trying to put Madden down. It is all the moderators fault"

I enjoy 2K over Madden but I can still enjoy Madden for a short period of time, and I agree that OS has been pro 2K and do you know why?

BECAUSE OVERALL, IT IS A BETTER GAME!

NFL2K5 is still the best sports game I have ever played PERIOD. High Heat Baseball was right there for me, but the overall atmosphere of the game was lacking. The gameplay though was second to none.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I find it neither odd nor surprising, the OS forums have always been very pro-2k (not because of any offical policy, jrivera34. It's a function of the fact that Madden fans tend to be distributed amongst the various Madden sites. The 2kers congregate here because they have very few other places to go).

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-14-2006 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #4
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

If 2K is coming out with a game or atleast has some big news, no better way than doing it right before the release of Madden.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's a function of the fact that Madden fans tend to be distributed amongst the various Madden sites. The 2kers congregate here because they have very few other places to go).
That's exactly what I was going to point out. I mean, there was only one NFL 2K5 site that was dedicated to the game, but they never update it. There's a ton of Madden sites out there, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Sad that a hypothetical generic football game excites the die hards more than next gen madden.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #7
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I find it neither odd nor surprising, the OS forums have always been very pro-2k (not because of any offical policy, jrivera34. It's a function of the fact that Madden fans tend to be distributed amongst the various Madden sites. The 2kers congregate here because they have very few other places to go).
Very good point and it does make perfect sense. Not all 2k games are the most popular. Go look at the Baseball forum and you will see EA MVP 2005 is the most popular. I find this website to have the best variation of good information as well as very knowledgeable people.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:00 PM   #8

OVR: 34

Well, I think it's all relative. Recently the NCAA forum has been topping all of the football forums. Next week, we'll see Madden doing it. This week, the 2K forums have had it's share of visitors simply because of the current rumors.

However, I do remember when both NFL 2K and Madden were running alongside eachother. The 2K forums were always higher in attendance.

I've been in the Madden forums lately, and the reason why is OS is the place for me. I need not frequent forums with banners trying to get me to buy their secrets in winning on Madden.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »