Home

What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL?

This is a discussion on What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2006, 09:32 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: What's everyone going to do if/when EA re-ups with the NFL?

I just think there's a lot of people out there banking on the fact that 2K will be able to make an NFL game after the 5 years is up. So, they are going to play 2K5 until that time, which is fine, but there's also a strong possibility, I believe, that EA and the NFL extend that deal before the 5 years is up.

So, at what point do people just move on?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Bangpow, I'm a 2K fan and believe that 2K5 was better than Madden 06. I'm not sure about 07 yet. I sold my Xbox and do not play 2K5 anymore; not because of anything because it's just time to move on.
"Time to move on" means something different to me than it does to DQ. I can't speak for DQ, but I reason that he feels that he has gotten all he can out of 2k5. As for me, the time to move on is when a better game comes out. ea's offering this year is going to be a boring game, the one thing that caused me to choode 2k football in the first place. I can't go back to that. If ea does not put better presentation etc...into madden, I won't play it. If 2k5 becomes stale to me (I don't see that happening) then I would just stop playing video football games.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
No, I'm not saying that.

Let me ask you something else, Baa, will you honestly ever think Madden is just as good as NFL 2K5?
If they take it to the next level, sure. Meaning, a real and actual physics engine that allows for gang tackling and realtime player interaction. Right now all Madden is, is old gen animation-keyed game programming. It's the same style of game programming they used for the past several years. Nothing new-gen about any of it except for the high-res graphics.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
That's my point.

At what point do you just put NFL 2K5 in the "classics" department and move on?

It's like eating your favorite meal every day. Eventually, you are going to get tired of it and eat something else.
But you eat something different. You don't eat the same thing, just prepared by someone who doesn't make it as good as what you use to eat. So, you play different types of games. If another football game doesn't come along that I believe is better than 2K, I just will not buy a football game.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
I just think there's a lot of people out there banking on the fact that 2K will be able to make an NFL game after the 5 years is up. So, they are going to play 2K5 until that time, which is fine, but there's also a strong possibility, I believe, that EA and the NFL extend that deal before the 5 years is up.

So, at what point do people just move on?
Most are hoping for a generic game before the 5 years is up. And that it sells enough to warrant a sequal. With that in mind, the exclusive deal with EA could last for the next 100 years and the hardcore fans wouldn't care. Just give us the best video football game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
If another football game doesn't come along that I believe is better than 2K, I just will not buy a football game.
Exactly. And Madden 07 is an inferior game still, what with the canned game play and lack of real player interaction. And given EA appears to be going with "same-old same-old" instead of "revolutionary", Madden won't be the better game next year, or the year after....
Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelaz1966
Most are hoping for a generic game before the 5 years is up. And that it sells enough to warrant a sequal. With that in mind, the exclusive deal with EA could last for the next 100 years and the hardcore fans wouldn't care. Just give us the best video football game.
How is playing a dated football game being "hardcore"?

If people were "hardcore" football fans, they would want to play football games every year. Now, from what some people have stated, they wouldn't play any football game at all over playing Madden.

How is that being hardcore?

I don't get it.

That's not being a hardcore football fan, that's being a hardcore NFL 2K5 fan.

Last edited by bangpow; 08-18-2006 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:52 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
How is playing a dated football game being "hardcore"?

If people were "hardcore" football fans, they would want to play football games every year. Now, from what some people have stated, they wouldn't play any football game at all over playing Madden.

How is that being hardcore?

I don't get it.
Hardcore football fans are the fans that want the BEST football game, no matter what the player and team names are. Hardcore doesn't mean you play the newest football game just because it's new. If that was the case, you could say that you are not a hardcore football fan, if the NFL turned into a flag league and you lost interest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »