Home

A reminder to those who pre order this game

This is a discussion on A reminder to those who pre order this game within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:58 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: A reminder to those who pre order this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
but your reasons for not pre-ordering are severaly flawed. You're losing interest on the money you spend for a pre-order? lol. Most preorders are 5 bucks. Do you have any clue how little of interest you'll earn off of 5 bucks in the coming months? We're talking pennies. Also, it's already been said that by waiting for a game to be in stores, you run the risk of having to possibly go to more than 1 store. The pennies you would have collected in interest will be spent 10 times over in gas, time, and trouble possibly.

Of course a business such as gamestop, ebgames, or wherever else is going to want you to pre-order from them. That's how business works. More pre-orders means more money, means more business, means possibly more hours. They are supposed to try and get you to buy from them. That's how business works. Hoewver, to sit there and act as if pre-orders are lining a sales rep with thousands of dollars is assinine. Each employee has an hourly salary. More pre-orders could mean more money for those higher up, but that's about it. Either way though, how about relaxing a bit and not being so anal about this? Sounds to me more like you are either jealous of those making money or just plain anally retentive over the business side of things.

Lastly, give me a break about lining the pockets anyway. For X amounts of dollars each company makes off pre-orders, they lose exponentially greater amounts over piracy anyway, so it's a give and take relationship anyway....

You aren't informing anyone of the business side of things. You are simply using sour grapes as a way to warp your mind into thinking something simple is a bad thing. Last time i checked, EVERY SINGLE COMPANY in a capitalistic environment had one main goal...to make money. Learn that first.
My reasons for pre ordering arent severely flawed. However I do agree with everything else in your post. If you've ever felt pressured into pre-ordring a game when you obviously don't have to then this topic is for you. This is what your money does for Gamestop and much of the time people will outright buy a game or console and that's where the big bucks are formed.

Dynamite if I didn't know the system where am I pulling all the interest figures from? I'm happy your business made a million but they aren't pulling in what Gamestop does and they probably don't lie/prssure you either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2007, 01:46 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu Man Ching
Pretty much. I just think it is crazy how some people have to have something right away. Especially when some of you are grown men. I have done it before looking for a game because I heard it came out early and won't do it agian. It is kind of pointless to me. I get excited about new games coming out just as much as the next guy but the older I get the less I care. I would much rather make sure the game is something I will even play before wanting it so bad.
No, what's crazy is people actually caring what someone does with their own five dollars. Who cares if I want a game the first day it comes out, guess what? I like to get music the first day, I like to see movies the first day as well. Just because it's pointless to you, doesn't make it pointless. I've missed out on games before because I didn't preorder , they didn't have any extra copies and stores like Best Buy won't get their shipment until the next day or the day after.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:48 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
and besides, all you have to do is call around to see if they have the game.
theres about 5 Ebs 4 babbages, 2 walmarts, and 3 targets around me.
I think I may have a good chance
But if you preorder you know for sure you will have the game. It's not like your spending an extra five, it goes towards the game.

I tried to get CH this past year, my EB and Gamestop got them on the ship date, I didn't preorder, guess what...I didn't have the game until two days later when Best Buy got their shipment in.

I see no downside of preorders.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 17

Also if you get off work at 5 and it's raining outside you more than likely won't feel like scrambling around in rush hour traffic to get a game, when you can pick it up on your first stop if you pre-order.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #45
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasateaterdave

Dynamite if I didn't know the system where am I pulling all the interest figures from?
did i miss something? What interest figures are you pulling? Saying a company makes 40 dollars on a 5 dollar pre-order? That's not pulling at figures. That's what we call in the scientific world as a large pile of flaming dung generated from an opinion and a wild stab at something you only believe is true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 03:35 PM   #46
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
My reasons for pre ordering arent severely flawed. However I do agree with everything else in your post. If you've ever felt pressured into pre-ordring a game when you obviously don't have to then this topic is for you. This is what your money does for Gamestop and much of the time people will outright buy a game or console and that's where the big bucks are formed.

Dynamite if I didn't know the system where am I pulling all the interest figures from? I'm happy your business made a million but they aren't pulling in what Gamestop does and they probably don't prssure you either.
You are priceless.

GS Clerk:"Have you pre-ordered APF2K8?"
customer:"no"
GS clerk:"why not"
customer:"I don't want to. I'll get it when it comes out."
GS clerk:"oh, you are going to pre-order it or else!"
customer:"or else what"
GS clerk:
customer:"ok I'll pre-order it. Please no more!!!!"
GS clerk:"thats what I thought"

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-23-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #47
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Dynamite if I didn't know the system where am I pulling all the interest figures from? I'm happy your business made a million but they aren't pulling in what Gamestop does and they probably don't lie/prssure you either.
Quite frankly, you're pulling numbers out of your ***. Interest figures are going to change from bank to bank, and unless you're insinuating that every GS and EB in every town banks with the same company, which is also wrong, then you don't know anything about the interest figures.

You are absolutely clueless and pulling numbers and "facts" out of your ***. It's hilarious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »