Home

2k5 Equals Crow

This is a discussion on 2k5 Equals Crow within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #49
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2k5 Equals Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
Quite honestly screen plays were just awful in NFL2k5. I think that has less to do with momentum and more to do with canned animations. "IF" you completed a screen to your halfback the animation was so long and awful you'd almost certainly be crushed by the defense before you even righted yourself to run.

I am thinking more in terms of open field running.....sprinting at an angle toward the sidelines, getting the defensive backs to commit to pursue you at an intersecting angle, then cut back against the flow and watch them try to adjust. As an offensive player you have the advantage of knowing that you are going to cut it back against the grain...so your cut should be almost instantaneous. The defense has to react and should take a bit longer to compensate and try to change their angle of pursuit. This is what that old Madden 2001 did so well in my mind.

It isn't so much the actual controlled runner that I am concerned about. It is the CPU AI controlled defender who can change directions the instant that you do on offense. They need to implement real human like reaction time to achieve this balance again.

The bottom line is the AI reacts and change directions too fast to allow for any real cutbacks in the game. This is in "any" current game I might add.

Peace!
Screens suck in most games the only way to get them to work is rollout to one side and throw to the other.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM   #50
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Well I'm glad that the Madden goggles have came off.... Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD STEELERS #1
I can dig what your saying.I love the running game.But it can get real frustrating .Last night I'm playing and the kick returns were brutal.I'm gonna pick up those old maddens,01,02,and 03 so I can see what yall are talkin about.Thanks for the info
try madden 02 & 03, it was just about right those years, you could cut back against an over persuing defender and leav him in the dust without using any moves. not every time but when the situation was right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #52
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Those Madden games were great, I remember first seeing 01 and being blown away at how great it looked...seems odd now.

Madden 05 had it best...check that out if you haven't.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:46 AM   #53
Rookie

tpaterniti's Arena

OVR: 5

Playing Madden after playing 2K is like going to an Olive Garden after coming back from Italy.

Glad to have you on board.

www.2kfootballstrategy.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »