Home

Daflyboys' 2K8 Official cover #1

This is a discussion on Daflyboys' 2K8 Official cover #1 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:21 AM   #9
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Daflyboys' 2K8 Official cover #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
I want to be able to create an insert that I could print out and put in the case but have it somewhat updated. For example, have it say ESPN NFL 2K8 and have different photos and stuff on the back insert cover. Basically, do what you (and others) have done but create the insert my way.

What's a template? By reading what you posted, I assume that it's basically what will be used to create what you want to do. Basically, you're using the game's actual insert by scanning it to create a different one from scratch so to speak. Is that correct?

I'm not a computer genius whatsoever. Basically, im an idiot. I know the basics (if that) but that's it.

The photoshop program that you mentioned, is that what's needed to create everything like the logo's and design?

You enjoyed removing Terrell Owens, huh? That sucks as he's my favorite player and in my opinion, the most dominant playmaking and gamebreaking receiver in the NFL today.

I actually want to create an updated Owens cover with him as a Cowboy but standing on the Eagles logo. Basically, a rip off of what he as a 49er in Dallas in 2000.

I also want to create team and position inserts. For example, as a 49ers fan, I would create an insert with my top 49ers like RB Frank Gore, OLB Manny Lawson, DE Bryant Young, ILB Patrick Willis and OT Joe Staley. I know that there are a few other top names like Clements, Allen, etc. but I want them to be "pure" 49ers as opposed to being signed or traded from another team. Also, a position insert like the top quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Carson Palmer.

Any addition help would be greatly appreciated.
A template is a shell of what you want for the cover. It would be the basics....an outline so to speak. Basically, without Photoshop or some type of photo editing program, it's pretty difficult to do anything. MS Paint wouldn't cut it. Of course we'll agree to disagree about Owens. He has the skills but many agree he's a team/locker room cancer everywhere he goes. Being an Eagles fan in part, I definitely couldn't help you with that layout!
Old 07-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Hotness.
Old 07-08-2007, 02:37 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
A template is a shell of what you want for the cover. It would be the basics....an outline so to speak. Basically, without Photoshop or some type of photo editing program, it's pretty difficult to do anything. MS Paint wouldn't cut it. Of course we'll agree to disagree about Owens. He has the skills but many agree he's a team/locker room cancer everywhere he goes. Being an Eagles fan in part, I definitely couldn't help you with that layout!
Basically, if I was to purchase that Photoshop 5.0 LE, I'll have what I need to create inserts? Also, how can I put actual gameplay photos on the back cover?

Owens is a jackass but let's be honest, his biggest problem is that he doesnt keep his mouth shut when he should. Compared to guys like Tank Johnson, Adam Jones and others though, he's a saint. I was an Eagles fan when he was there but I dont think that they ever had any plans on keeping him for more then two seasons. Having Hugh Douglas go into the locker room and confront him about possibly milking an injury was a setup by Eagles managment in order to suspend Owens. It was such crap.

McNabb is a good QB but had his best season with Owens. That's no coincidence. Owens made McNabb better and made the entire offense click. Personally, I would have just paid Owens a six month advance in regards to his $5m roster bonus that he was scheduled to get before he was released. He would have shutup and keeping him and McNabb together would have been a smart move.

As for Owens mouthing off against McNabb, I would have done the same thing. Owens came back from a broken fibula to put on an MVP performance in the SB and if it wasnt for McNabb "choking" and Reid's horrible play-calling, the Eagles would have won the SB and Owens would have been the MVP. To me, it's just sad that a $100m QB who happens to be the franchise player couldnt gut it out for four hours especially after Owens worked his *** off in order to return and play in the SB.

Just my opinion. Thanks for the insert info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 AM   #12
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Yes, PS 5.0 LE and maybe a little instructions DVD which would help with other projects too!
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
McNabb is a good QB but had his best season with Owens.
^personally i disagree w/ this statement. i know many will look upon the last 2 seasons differently or even as incomplete b/c of his injuries, but i think donovan was even better than his statistically superior '04 campaign. certainly he was not markedly worse.

for the better half of last season the Eagles were passing @ a ratio close to 90-10 (unbelievably lopsided) & w/ no marque receivers if you discount westbrook as such. his game against dallas was particularly amazing. 354 yds zinging that ball all over the field. obviously not a reflection of his ability, but owens was coincidently ordinary that game.

i'm sure we'll agree to disagree, but i think mcnabb has been vastly underrated by mass media. he was the best fantasy weapon in yahoo general rules each of the last 2 years prior to injury. perhaps more shockingly, during 2005 he was still in 1st-place 2 weeks after sitting w/ the sports hernia (not to mention he was hurt long before sitting).

both guys are warriors & great players, but if you make the "McNabb's best season w/ TO argument," I think it's only fair to mention TO's best seasons have all come w/ 3 of the most successful west coast QBs in the game.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:16 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
Owens came back from a broken fibula to put on an MVP performance in the SB and if it wasnt for McNabb "choking" and Reid's horrible play-calling, the Eagles would have won the SB and Owens would have been the MVP. To me, it's just sad that a $100m QB who happens to be the franchise player couldnt gut it out for four hours especially after Owens worked his *** off in order to return and play in the SB.

Just my opinion. Thanks for the insert info.
similarly i don't agree w the superbowl excuses: Mcnabb's "gutless" performance was still good enough to give TO that great game in the face of a relentless NE rush. it's not like TO was throwing that ball to himself... McNabb played all 4 of those hrs & had to throw over 50 times. if you're sick you're sick. nothing you can do about it. he still played despite some guys reporting he could barely call the plays. hard to say he didn't gut it out in my eyes. not everyone can have the fortune of being sick, but still healthy enough to drop 50 pts in an NBA playoff game.

just my take on the situation
Old 07-09-2007, 01:56 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
^personally i disagree w/ this statement. i know many will look upon the last 2 seasons differently or even as incomplete b/c of his injuries, but i think donovan was even better than his statistically superior '04 campaign. certainly he was not markedly worse.
McNabb started off great last season before suffering a torn ligament but in 2005, McNabb was 211/357 for 2507 yds (59% comp) with 16 td's, 9 int's and 19 sacks for a QB rating of 85 in 9 games. Owens had 47 rec. for 763 yds and 6 td's in 7 games. Subtract Owens and here's McNabb's stats - 164/310 for 1744 yds with 10 td's and 9 int's. Basically, while McNabb played well despite having a sports hernia, if you subtract Owens, he sucked. Reid is a good HC but he sucks as the play-caller. How you can let your injured QB pass 357 times in 9 games despite having an excellent RB in Westbrook is beyond me. McNabb was / is a good QB but I believe that if management would have kept Owens, McNabb would have become a great QB. Pre-Owens, McNabb sucked in the playoffs because he didnt have that receiver to depend on. All the pressure was on him and whenever the pressure has all been on McNabb, he chokes, plain and simple. Unlike Owens (as evident by his SB performance), he cant handle the pressure.

Quote:
for the better half of last season the Eagles were passing @ a ratio close to 90-10 (unbelievably lopsided) & w/ no marque receivers if you discount westbrook as such. his game against dallas was particularly amazing. 354 yds zinging that ball all over the field. obviously not a reflection of his ability, but owens was coincidently ordinary that game.
Last season??? When Garcia started, the Eagles became a rushing team especially since it was ex-49ers OC Marty Mohrigwig(sp?) who was the one calling the plays. Westbrook had the best rushing season of his career and amazingly, it was because McNabb wasnt the QB. With Garcia as the QB, the Eagles became more of a rushing team which was the smart thing to do since it played to Garcia's strengths and the WCO. No marque receivers??? I know that Stallworth and Brown arent even half of Owens but they easily blow away Pinkston and Mitchell. McNabb played great in the win over Dallas. As for Owens, I will say this - he was non-existent until Romo became the starting QB. After that happened, Owens dominated. The only negative was the huge amount of drops he had but I can guarantee that wont happen this coming season. With Romo and Owens having an entire off-season together, I see Owens surpassing what he did last season.

Quote:
i'm sure we'll agree to disagree, but i think mcnabb has been vastly underrated by mass media. he was the best fantasy weapon in yahoo general rules each of the last 2 years prior to injury. perhaps more shockingly, during 2005 he was still in 1st-place 2 weeks after sitting w/ the sports hernia (not to mention he was hurt long before sitting)
I dont think he's underrated but he's not overrated either. He's in the middle. If you subtract Owens, McNabb would have been near last as opposed to being first for two weeks after the Cowboys loss in 2005.

Quote:
both guys are warriors & great players, but if you make the "McNabb's best season w/ TO argument," I think it's only fair to mention TO's best seasons have all come w/ 3 of the most successful west coast QBs in the game.
His three best seasons were with Garcia but let's be honest, if it wasnt for Owens, Garcia would have sucked. He sucked in CLE and DET. I know CLE sucks as does DET but he did have Mohrigwig(sp?) in DET as well as Roy Williams. Garcia played well last season but he's nowhere near the level of what he was as a 49er in 2000-2002. Trust me, as a 49ers fan, I know. As for Owens, his fourth best season was with McNabb and his fifth best was with Romo. Personally, I look at his season with Romo as the best of the five because until Romo started, he was non-existent and Bledsoe should have been awesome with Owens and Glenn but instead, he was crap. I dont know what Owens stats were before Romo started but considering that Bledsoe started the first six games, I must say that Owens finishing with 85 rec for 1180 yards and 13 td's (led NFL) is pretty impressive. Just imagine how much better his stats would have been if Bledsoe actually had confidence in him like he did Glenn or if Romo started the entire season. There's another reason - Romo. No one (including me) expected him to do a damn thing but he played damn good all things considered. It's actually sad that Owens had a better season with Romo then he did with McNabb in 2004.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2007, 02:06 AM   #16
Banned

Quote:
similarly i don't agree w the superbowl excuses: Mcnabb's "gutless" performance was still good enough to give TO that great game in the face of a relentless NE rush. it's not like TO was throwing that ball to himself... McNabb played all 4 of those hrs & had to throw over 50 times. if you're sick you're sick. nothing you can do about it. he still played despite some guys reporting he could barely call the plays. hard to say he didn't gut it out in my eyes. not everyone can have the fortune of being sick, but still healthy enough to drop 50 pts in an NBA playoff game.

just my take on the situation
I agree that without McNabb, Owens probably wouldnt have had that great SB performance but here's why I believe that McNabb choked - Owens put his CAREER on the line to win a SB for himself and the team. McNabb had the flu at worst. Come on. There's no damn comparison here whatsoever especially when one of them has a $100m contract and the other doesnt.

In fairness, I will say that Reid's play-calling was horrible as was his clock management. When the Eagles were in scoring position and McNabb threw an INT but was taken away because of a roughing the passer penalty, Reid countined to call passig plays and what happened? McNabb threw an INT but this time, there's were no flags bailing them out. Reid needed to run more plays to the outside with Westbrook. Tosses, screens and pitch outs. You can run on NE but it has to be to the outside because their LB's dont have the youth and speed to run sideline to sideline.

Dont think that im a McNabb *****. I like McNabb and played with Philly in 2k3 long before Owens was an Eagle. He gutted it out better with a sports hernia than he did with the flu. That just doesnt make any sense to me whatsoever.

Love the Jordan example. He had the flu and still kicked Utah's ***. As a Bulls fan, those were the days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »