Home

Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits

This is a discussion on Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2007, 12:30 AM   #41
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Coach, Playbook, & Miscellaneous Edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
You might want to try this, in the coach editor for panthers, try messing with the Back Field attributes. On the Rushing side, move them at 0 in Empty and Shotgun formations and put those numbers in Split Back and I-Formation, where there would naturally be more running plays in their playbook. That should give u more favorable results.
Yeah, those numbers are mad weird but explain alot. Teams don't pass from the I Formation very often in real life but in this game, they do alot and the tendecies are high. I really think this will improve the CPU QB Play.

I'm testing out a game like this:

Dallas Cowboys:

Rushing(100%):
Shotgun- 10% (was 14)
Splitback- 7% (was 21)
I Formation- 45% (was 15)
Singleback- 37% (was 46)
Empty- 1% (was 10)

Passing(100%):
Shotgun- 37%
Splitback- 10%
I Formation- 20%
Lone Back- 26%
Empty- 7%

Philadephia Eagles:

Rushing(100%):
Shotgun- 5%
Split back- 9%
I Formation- 30%
Singleback- 51%
Empty- 5% (McNabb's running ability)

Passing(100%):
Shotgun- 24%
Split back- 8%
I Formation- 21%
Lone Back- 45%
Empty-2%

Not getting my X-Port until a while now, so if anybody wants to test something like this let us know what's up. I'm sure we can get some pretty knowledgeable people to do this for every team.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2007, 02:47 AM   #42
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

anyone have any research done on the affects of changing coach ratings. What do the ratings affect, is it the franchise season's past one year. If a coach has a high qb rating will the teams qb's improve more than another team with a coach that has a lesser rating, or does the coach rating affect things other than this this
Old 01-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 14

lets talk about playbooks again.

what have we found on which playbooks are best to use for less INTs, etc.?
thanks
Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm glad this thread popped back up because I've been messing with creating my own playbooks and came up with this thought: I've spent so much time trying to find the right offensive mix with plays, what if the fix is a combination of editing the defensive plays as well?

After observing a ton of CPU vs. CPU games, I decided that zone defenses were the main culprit on INTs. So I eliminated all the zone defense plays from my playbook and started a new season with Puja's default franchise roster (only editing Kicking Accuracy and Composure for Kickers to eliminate so many missed FGs). I played at All-Pro, wanting to use those settings as a control for any future tweaking.

First game with the Raven's playing the Bengals was very promising. Ocho-Cinco and Whoseyourdaddy abused the Ravens secondary all day; Palmer was dead on with his passes and they had plenty of zip; Stover nailed at 51 yd FG and Boller was of course dinking and dunking and the Ravens run/pass ratio was just about 50/50 at half time as the Bengals were up 14 - 6.

2nd half, Palmer just abused the Ravens secondary and finished with 3 TDs in the game. Boller tried to come back and actually thew downfield, but eventually threw 3 pics. These were good pics however, not the garbage INTs we're used to seeing. I could tell he actually misread the coverage on two of them and didn't see the linebacker playing underneath.

Bottom line:

Palmer: 14/24, 242yds, 3TD, 0INT (10.1avg/att)
Boller: 15/29, 200yds, 0TD, 3INT (6.1avg/att)

Ocho-Cinco: 8/143/1TD
Whoseyourdaddy: 6/99, 2TD

McGahee: 23 carries, 49 yds
Johnson: 20 carries, 49 yds

Aside from the fact that the fatigue slider is way too high, the rest of the game played great. I'll keep an eye on the rushing avgs to see if the run slider needs a sliht boost. I'm in the middle of my second game with the Ravens vs. the Jets. We'll see if this trend continues.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:21 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

sounds good.
Now can you sim a season and see what the stats are for QBs for the year?
Are you getting super stats with QBs?
My guess is they will be off the charts.
Let us know.
thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2008, 01:07 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well, I haven't simmed a season yet, but I have played (cpu vs. cpu) through three games and yes, all the QBs and WRs are putting up HOF numbers! At least in the games that I have played. I have not checked out the league stats yet, I wanted to go through a few more weeks to see how they looked.

Aside from that first game (which was played in the rain), I have not had ONE interception from either team. As most of you were probably already aware, the cpu can not cover man to man, lol! I'm also unexpectedly getting some skewed running totals. I may have to throw back in some zone to keep everything honest. That's ok. This experiment was designed to go from one extreme to the other and then find a middle ground that works.

That said, the game as I have it set now plays and feels like a real football game. I'm seeing some beautiful blocks by the FB and TE on sweeps, sacks are more common now, QB's make horrible passes when under pressure, have even had a few punt returns for TDs.

Going to tinker with this over the weekend; bumping up the coverage slider may help. I really don't want to mess with the offensive sliders to the extent that I can. I may have to go into Finn's editor and ratchet up the aggression on DBs. Doing so does not seem to mess with their overall ratings. Which is my ultimate goal; to have the player ratings mean something. The first game I played against the Bengals, Ed Reed was all over the place, tipping passes, making tackles, while Samari Rolle was doing his best "toast" imitation and getting burned right and left. That's what I'm looking for.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #47
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Man if I had this access to an NBA 2K game..............

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »