Home

Amazing..a 4 yr old, $5 game is better then Madden 08

This is a discussion on Amazing..a 4 yr old, $5 game is better then Madden 08 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2007, 03:39 AM   #25
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Amazing..a 4 yr old, $5 game is better then Madden 08

Amen Brutha! I'm never going back to Madden! I'd sooner eat a Turducken!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 04:29 AM   #26
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I am so into the game again I have gone as far as doing the rosters of 6 teams so far. All of which were done on the 360 through Roster Manager. Each team takes a while too, but that just shows how much I loved this game and am glad to be playing it again.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:12 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

I played Madden post patch tonight and while it was a good game. I just didn't have any fun with it. What does that say and this isn't any criticism on Madden. Madden post-patch is a fine game.

Maybe because NFL 2k5 feels new to me. It just feels like football, instead of video game football.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #28
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
I love playing this game again, but DAMN it makes me sad to think about how NFL 2K8 would be right now.
Yea man the potential factor is what makes people upset.

When does the EA Deal run out with the NFL?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #29
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I am so into the game again I have gone as far as doing the rosters of 6 teams so far. All of which were done on the 360 through Roster Manager. Each team takes a while too, but that just shows how much I loved this game and am glad to be playing it again.
Whats the CAP Limit for 2K5?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM   #30
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think it's over in 2010 but there's no guarantee that the NFL will let anyone else develop games.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I think that's it exactly. And personally it's a little more stinging because of what Madden/NCAA didn't become. At least when the exclusivity deal was announced, I could allow that Tiburon would step up and produce a great game with all their rhetoric and the resources they had at their disposal. And they pretty much completely dropped the ball. That's made more apparent by playing this game again, for me. The game obviously is flawed - I was laughing last night at how artificial turf in night games looks like nothing more than green paint. Ball carriers still run funny. The player models all still have that common barrel chested look. But the game did so many things well for it's time, and really REALLY hinted at fantastic possibilities. This morning I found myself doing something I used to do 4yrs ago - turning the game on, and watching it play itself while getting dressed for work. And watching it like an actual game. That's ridiculous.

But it underscores the sad situation; the game got cut when it was on the verge of truly becoming great. And they likely won't ever make a NFL game again. It is scary to think what this game would be now if it were allowed to progress without interference in a competitive environment. I came close this morning to creating a #@!%@# little things thread about a 4+yr old game. Have to shake my head laughing at that

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 AM   #32
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I think that's it exactly. And personally it's a little more stinging because of what Madden/NCAA didn't become. At least when the exclusivity deal was announced, I could allow that Tiburon would step up and produce a great game with all their rhetoric and the resources they had at their disposal. And they pretty much completely dropped the ball. That's made more apparent by playing this game again, for me. The game obviously is flawed - I was laughing last night at how artificial turf in night games looks like nothing more than green paint. Ball carriers still run funny. The player models all still have that common barrel chested look. But the game did so many things well for it's time, and really REALLY hinted at fantastic possibilities. This morning I found myself doing something I used to do 4yrs ago - turning the game on, and watching it play itself while getting dressed for work. And watching it like an actual game. That's ridiculous.

But it underscores the sad situation; the game got cut when it was on the verge of truly becoming great. And it is scary to think what this game would be now if it were allowed to progress without interference in a competitive environment. I came close this morning to creating a #@!%@# little things thread about a 4+yr old game. Have to shake my head laughing at that
I really can't believe that anyone thought that without competition Tiburon would make a better game, and there were people actually arguing that they spent so much money on competition that it made their games suffer. If they didn't try when they had competition why would they try when they own the market?

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »