Home

Can someone test this file?

This is a discussion on Can someone test this file? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Can someone test this file?

I am away from my xbox so I need some help. Enclosed is Puja's franchise file but with this year's schedule COMPLETELY accurate. All games are on the right day (No byes in week 3 and 6 teams with byes in week 6 and 8) and are at the correct time.

What I need is for you to make sure that no team has more then 1 bye and that the season sims correctly.

Thanks,
Finn
Attached Files
File Type: zip ESPNNFL2K5_puja21Jan01F.zip (279.8 KB, 12 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Can someone test this file?

I just simmed through a season and there were no hangups at all. There was only one bye per team. The playoffs were about half accurate to RL. New England beat Tampa Bay. Bad. The only thing was when it got to the draft there were no real draftees. I thought Puja was going to put them in his latest file. Or was this just where you had edited the schedule? Well, I hope this helps. Brian

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 01-09-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Yeah it helps and is good news. This was an older file from puja I had available and I used it just to test the new schedule. Before, the schedule could not be accurate because it was expecting 4 teams to have byes in week 3,6, and 8. However, I figured out how to set the number of byes each week so now it can be accurate with no byes in week 3 and 6 byes in week 6 and 8

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 01-09-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 15

WOW!!! Amazing FINN. Any luck with editing the playoff schedule? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

finn, can i export this schedule in the editor & re-load it into my new franchise that has all the rookies which i am about to post?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #6
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
finn, can i export this schedule in the editor & re-load it into my new franchise that has all the rookies which i am about to post?

Not yet. The editor that supports this schedule has not been released as I am still working on a few things. If you want me to apply it, email the file and I will fix the schedule and send it back.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #7
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
WOW!!! Amazing FINN. Any luck with editing the playoff schedule? Thanks.
I will probably be able to let you change dates/times/swap home and away. However, I am not sure if you will be able to move up/down in a given week as it appeared to affect seeding in the next week. More testing is needed.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
I will probably be able to let you change dates/times/swap home and away. However, I am not sure if you will be able to move up/down in a given week as it appeared to affect seeding in the next week. More testing is needed.
It's great that you'll be able to allow us to edit the playoff games while not being able to move games up/down is a disappointment but it answers my question since 2K1 as to why the AFC playoff games were always listed as the first two with the NFC playoff games always listed as the last two for the wildcard and divisional rounds. That always bugged me but at least I know why it was programmed that way.

Any chance that the playoff teams can be switched? If so, it wouldnt matter if the seeding is affected because we would be able to fix it ourselves as we're playing through the playoffs.

Thanks for looking into this for me. It's greatly appreciated.

If you need any files to be tested, let me know since I'll be off from work the next five days starting tomorrow (Friday) for my vacation. Go Cowboys!!! T.O., T.O., T.O.!!!

Thanks FINN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »