Home

How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09?

This is a discussion on How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 18
How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09?

I have'nt purchased a Madden game since 03. I really have'nt had the desire to purchase it due to the whole exclusive thing, among other things (deficient gameplay etc...). This year I am more than willing to see if ea has something to offer in regards to producing a game that gives gamers like me (sim) something to sink our teeths into. If not I am perfectly willing to play 2k5 with updated rosters (Puja and Finn are what's happenin!!). I will wait to get impressions from people whose opinion I respect, concerning madden. But as it stands now, I could go with 2k5 (with updated rosters) for another year. Are there others?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How Many are going with 2k5 updated Rosters Instead of Madden 09?

i'll be sticking with 2k5... 06, 07, 08 on next gen were not even par for a next gen game... i bought 06 and played 07 and 08 but just playing one game with a friend this was not where my 60 bucks were going... unless they make a miracle of an improvement i don't see me buying anymore madden games.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37

As long as tiburon is the developer I have no need to even think about madden.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
Rookie

aff4life's Arena

OVR: 4

Take that as a "me too"...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have Madden 09 (I really do, really not a big deal), and I think I'm going back to NFL 2k5.

Presentation:

EA said they updated the presentation of the game to make it more exciting which is total B.S. If you call showing the outside of the stadium and like 1 player running out of the a big helmet, camera flashes in the crowd, Rumbling break away cam (which is somewhat nauseating and celebration squares updating presentation, then they really don't respect us as consumers.

There is no real pregame, no halftime show (just little highlights in a window that you can replay), once again no post game report (like 2K5 has). No focus on coaches during game play, no player coach interaction.

When you get hurt you roll on the floor and get up by your self, they are no trainers that come out to help you (like 2K5), you don't get carted away (like 2k5)

The field is more enclosed and is filled with people (this is the only plus I can see in presentation).

All in all this game has no soul. Its boring, and is not really fun to play. Why aren't star players emphasized and shown more attention visually? It doesn't make any sense

Features:

That new Rewind feature is blasphemous, and the feature where "Madden adjust to you" a.k.a glorifying our short comings, is comical. There is nothing ground breaking and this is what, their 3rd installment on a next gen system!

Online:

Not an online type of guy. So your goingto have to get this info from someone else.

Graphics:

I think NCAA 09 player models and muscle definition are better. 2k5 can still compete with this years madden and the game is almost 5 years old! They seem to take some attention away from player faces. They are hard to see from certain angles during gameplay, even during celebrations they are not that visible. The only time you can really see their faces clearly is in Instant replay or player edit screen.

Franchise:

Don't really play franchise, playing the game in exhibition kind of turned me off to it. So I'm not going to bother.

Final Thoughts:

They could have done a lot better. EA is like the un-athletic, overweight rich kid who really can't compete in sports but really wants to win. So he bribes the coach for playing time and the refs to win games. These guys run away from competition, that's not a good trait to have. If you can't beat'em, buy'em.

Grade: C

-Just one man's honest opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

I remember playing 2k5 at a friends house a couple of times. Not realizing how great it was, just complaining on how different it was from madden (NO SHOTGUN NOISES ON DEEP THROWS! lol). But after 3 years of madden, I think I may pick up a copy in the near future. And I'll probably pick up APF as well, just to support 2k. No more hate towards madden, I've disowned it lol
Old 08-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #7
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Last Madden I actually purchased was 04, and the last one I rented was 06, which came out a year after 2K5. Since then, I've never turned back.

I would still play 2K5 with the default rosters instead of playing Madden 09, the updated rosters for 2K5 are outstanding, but I would still play it without them.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #8
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I've had this game since release, but never really consistently played it. I got frustrated too easily (so many trades in preseason, low QB completion %'s, no consistent CPU rushing attack). Now that I'm more calm and take a game for what it is, I'm enjoying NFL 2k5 so much more. I've accepted the flaws and underneath those things it's just an amazing experience. Just started a franchise with the Buffalo Bills with default rosters. My first preseason game was awesome, won on a last second field goal and the whole experience was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »