Home

No NFL license but how about the AFL license?

This is a discussion on No NFL license but how about the AFL license? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #9
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: No NFL license but how about the AFL license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
In the current state of affairs......they gotta go customizabilityness or nada.
A cromulent idea if ever I heard one.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:31 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only licenses that would sell games are NFL and NCAA.

I would love if 2K were able to produce a NCAA game, but EA owns that license also.

Hopefully the NCAA will not renew the exclusive license with EA when it runs out.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 12

LMAO...The AFL....That's Funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

I like the idea but it would tank in sales, hell if they made a better game in 2005 with the NFL license and were selling thier copies for $30 less at the time and got CRUSHED in sales how in world would an AFL game have a chance?, No way!

I am really content with 2K5 and its editablility, it really is an infinite game for us die hard simmers and the good part it saves me $60 a year!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:53 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

Its better than nothin really. I really just wish 2k had some guys that used some ambbition and take APF2k8 and revamp it. I mean have a made up league and create a history with it. Like the USPFL (United States Professional Football League) and have a new feel to it. Have completely generic athletes and treat it like they do have an NFL license. Have their own cable network broadcast. Something like ASN ( American Sports Network) and do it like ESPN would. These things are what I am talking about. Have fleshed out features that a football game should have with franchise getting rookies from just cities. Or heck cant you use just the college names and not get penalized for it? I mean so many outlets you can take and I HATE that its not taken advantage of. I almost want to go to 2k corps and shake some big wigs around! I odnt know, I have high hopes for madden as I have had some back and forth with some folks but competition and or alternatives are needed.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:21 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14

Good to see Wookie on here, welcome. As they say - you can't beat them, Join them.

I agree, 2K Sports should develop something along those lines. It was would be a great buy, just because people love the game of football - and make it customizable.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 28

Look I am just a fan of football ya know. There is no bias with me. I love madden and I love 2k5. I just wish 2k didnt have puds workin for them. We need someone over at 2k that has some ambition and more imprtantly some knads, and put some real love into this game. To leave the football community with a great game from 2004 and not have the fortitude to grow with it in another direction stinks. Especially since the lack of license and high priced players would free up money to put back in the game. MAN 2k WHY IS THIS SO HARD!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2008, 07:57 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Personally, I hope Madden sticks around long enough for Take 2 to get aquired by EA... Hear me out, they fire the ****e team at Tiburon and move in the guys from Take 2... I think that's going to be the only way we'll see a game from EA that dosen't suck... I can only hope that if the aquisition ever does take place, that they also put the Take 2 Team in charge of NBA Live as well... Otherwise my sports gaming is going to be seriously limited to older model games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »