Home

Linemen Returning Kickoffs?

This is a discussion on Linemen Returning Kickoffs? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2009, 12:27 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Linemen Returning Kickoffs?

I have never seen this. How do you put a lineman in the returning position? it wont let me in the depth chart. I usually put a fullback as the second returner so he can block for my real returner but I have a TE I drafted that I would like to put back there
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

the worst thing about this is that it happens all the time to me. I actually had Mcnabb return a punt on me. I was playing on legend and had a bad punt and he ran it back. It was funny.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Well, from another thread, it appears there may be a fix for this (other than dropping all of your players and resigning them) with Finn's editor. He said he was looking into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
Well, from another thread, it appears there may be a fix for this (other than dropping all of your players and resigning them) with Finn's editor. He said he was looking into it.
FYI: the actual remedy is even easier than Dan's method of dropping & resigning players. DWEvans has a much simpler trick (no offense to Dan of course)
--First, if you have 54 players drop the lowest string QB (you will re-add him at the end)
--DOn't drop anyone else
--Merely click on the players & re-assign them, but pick the same team they are already on
--Follow the order of desired punt return depth
--After you run out of all the traditional pos (WR, CB, RB, SS, FS) just do the same for the remaining players
^don't have to fix depth charts using this method AND it doesnt reset contracts

The reason you need to drop a player if you have 54 so as to allow you to assign him to the same team... otherwise the game would tell you that the team is full

I'm putting together a "guide" thread on the entire PR glitch

Last edited by puja21; 01-14-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by puja21
FYI: the actual remedy is even easier than Dan's method of dropping & resigning players. DWEvans has a much simpler trick (no offense to Dan of course)
--First, if you have 54 players drop the lowest string QB (you will re-add him at the end)
--DOn't drop anyone else
--Merely click on the players & re-assign them, but pick the same team they are already on
--Follow the order of desired punt return depth
--After you run out of all the traditional pos (WR, CB, RB, SS, FS) just do the same for the remaining players
^don't have to fix depth charts using this method AND it doesnt reset contracts

The reason you need to drop a player if you have 54 so as to allow you to assign him to the same team... otherwise the game would tell you that the team is full

I'm putting together a "guide" thread on the entire PR glitch
Thats good, because I just read that twice and am only understanding about half of it. I get dropping the lowest string QB and not anyone else, but am I clicking on the lowest string QB and reassigning to the same team? That's step 3? What do you mean by following the order of the desired PR depth chart? I can wait for the guide.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Basically, if you have 54 players on the team, you need to drop the lowest string QB to get to 53 players. This is because you can't reassign a player to a team, even his own team, if the team is full. Once your team has less then 54 players, just reassign players back to the team by position. You want to do typical punt return positions first (i.e. CBs, WRs, etc..) before doing non punt return positions (O and D lineman, QBs etc..). For some reason, the order of players on the internal team list affects who becomes punt returners so that is why you want the PR positions to be at the top of the list.

I may be able to add a function to the editor to automatically do the reassigning but I haven't really looked into it.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

I have one question: Does the glitch occur if you play with default rosters? The reason I ask is if the order really does matter then it should happen with the default roster. I just looked at the default roster and the player order for teams is as follows:

CB,DE,DT,FB,FS,G,RB,ILB,K,OLB,P,QB,SS,T,TE,WR,C.

Based on this order, you should see D-lineman returning punts in the default roster at some point.

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 01-15-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

I have been using the default rosters until quite recently and have never had any D-men returning punts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »