Home

I JUST FOUND NFL2K5 AND PLAYED--WOW!!!

This is a discussion on I JUST FOUND NFL2K5 AND PLAYED--WOW!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8
I JUST FOUND NFL2K5 AND PLAYED--WOW!!!

Are you kidding me! No wonder MADDEN bought the NFL rights, they got scared of 2K. This is one hell of a game. Remember guys, I have only really played MADDEN. Little 2K few years back, but this game is unbelievable!
The Graphics, and by the way I bought this game for PS 2, is way more realistic than its counter parts. Guys, I can't believe the GRAPHICS. My wife even noticed, she said thats the most realistic game she has seen. I gotta go, I have to find me a PLAYBOOK and learn it inside out lol! seriously. It is a shame, a damn shame, that this game could not go any further because of the NFL rights thing and MADDEN. EA knew it, they knew where this game was headed.
Can you imagine what this game would be like today? MY GOD, I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE. Thanks so much everyone, I can see why everyone is still excited about this game, BECAUSE IT IS DAMN GOOD! AWESOME!

IRISH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #2
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Re: I JUST FOUND NFL2K5 AND PLAYED--WOW!!!

Half time stats! The faces on these players, their movements, just watch the DEMO! I freaking can't believe I have never played this game and only played MADDEN. It is scary, very scary where this game would be today. I mean, I am a die hard MADDEN, but I am telling you what, I am almost afraid to put this game in on a XBOX360 lol!! or HD. This game makes me feel like I am playing on an next gen system, and I have both PS 2 and X BOX360. WOW is all I can say, but I have to get used to the flow of the game.

ALL OF THIS FOR 99 CENTS! MIGHT BE ONE OF THE GREATEST PURCHASES I HAVE MADE IN A LONG TIME!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

Its been said a million times before but in my opinion EA buying the exclusive rights to the NFL was the biggest kick in the nuts that sports gaming as a whole has ever experienced.

I remember first playing NFL 2K5 back in late 2004 and thinking "Wow these guys have absolutely raised the bar across the board, this kind of stuff is going to push sports gaming over the edge. The quality of the broadcast presentation, the subtlety in the gameplay, the personality that the game just glowed with. I just sat there with a huge grin on my face right through out my first hour with it."

And then the exclusive deal was made and EA destroyed it all. Then they really rubbed salt in the wound by releasing horribly stale Madden titles from then on out with little to no innovation. Its just an absolute joke that we have compare all the latest EA football games with a title from 5 years ago. A joke. I love the gumption that this new Madden development team are showing but they have a long way to go to make this title even resemble something worth while.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
Its been said a million times before but in my opinion EA buying the exclusive rights to the NFL was the biggest kick in the nuts that sports gaming as a whole has ever experienced.

I remember first playing NFL 2K5 back in late 2004 and thinking "Wow these guys have absolutely raised the bar across the board, this kind of stuff is going to push sports gaming over the edge. The quality of the broadcast presentation, the subtlety in the gameplay, the personality that the game just glowed with. I just sat there with a huge grin on my face right through out my first hour with it."

And then the exclusive deal was made and EA destroyed it all. Then they really rubbed salt in the wound by releasing horribly stale Madden titles from then on out with little to no innovation. Its just an absolute joke that we have compare all the latest EA football games with a title from 5 years ago. A joke. I love the gumption that this new Madden development team are showing but they have a long way to go to make this title even resemble something worth while.

Excellent Post my friend, agree with you 100%. Did not know any of this. Was to busy playing MADDEN. But now my eyes have opened up! I would be freaking embarrassed if I were EA. Not that 2K is so much better in many ways, but after 5 years, and right now, little early for me to tell, but still with MADDEN 09 I don't think it touches this game! Early prognosis. BUT T
HE FREAKING GRAPHICS---VERY NICE!

Hell, you don't need to upgrade to a PS 3 OR XBOX360, JUST PLAY NFL 2K5, YOU WILL ALREADY THINK YOU HAVE UPGRADED.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #5
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

If you liked the PS2 version you will love the Xbox one even more because the half time show actually features video highlights instead of still frames. I know, I know, its gets better.

Also APF 2K8 is a brilliant game to check out, but if your obsessed with franchise mode you will be disappointed as it doesn't have one. But on the field it plays better than 2K5, not that 2K5 doesn't play brilliantly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 01:30 AM   #6
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
If you liked the PS2 version you will love the Xbox one even more because the half time show actually features video highlights instead of still frames. I know, I know, its gets better.
You don't need an Xbox to see half time video. A PS2 HDD will suffice.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
Are you kidding me! No wonder MADDEN bought the NFL rights, they got scared of 2K. This is one hell of a game. Remember guys, I have only really played MADDEN. Little 2K few years back, but this game is unbelievable!
The Graphics, and by the way I bought this game for PS 2, is way more realistic than its counter parts. Guys, I can't believe the GRAPHICS. My wife even noticed, she said thats the most realistic game she has seen. I gotta go, I have to find me a PLAYBOOK and learn it inside out lol! seriously. It is a shame, a damn shame, that this game could not go any further because of the NFL rights thing and MADDEN. EA knew it, they knew where this game was headed.
Can you imagine what this game would be like today? MY GOD, I WOULD NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE. Thanks so much everyone, I can see why everyone is still excited about this game, BECAUSE IT IS DAMN GOOD! AWESOME!

IRISH
You're so used to playing Madden, you probably didn't notice the AWESOME OL/DL interaction.........the actual pocket that forms around your QB......how the RB puts his hand on the back of the blocker for that extra push........and so on.....but you will!

BTW, imagine a game like APF for the PC.......completely moddable to become an NFL game by the community........with uniforms, stadiums, and the like......just how long would Madden survive!? *SIGH*
Old 02-03-2009, 02:51 AM   #8
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Segagendude, you are right, I didn't notice those things, but I am beginning to. It is the little things, so many little things that this game has over MADDEN that makes 2K5 so special. I have a long way to go but what I have seen so far is a game that is what all of us really want. 99 cents guys! still can't believe the difference in the games. I can't believe I have been missing out, and I can't believe MADDEN has still not caught up! I just play football, but are all the 2K GAMES this much better than EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »