Home

Is XBOX version that much better?

This is a discussion on Is XBOX version that much better? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Is XBOX version that much better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalpimp
NO HDMI? Xbox has HDMI.
Go to the XBMC site and join the forums. In there are cable suggestions for any desired config., just not HDMI.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 12

I went to the website you suggested, and it was a bit above my head. I did some research and saw these 2 kinds of cables. Do they really make that big a difference? Anyone know. I will try to get pictures. I am at the point where maybe someone could list the things I need to get this game going on xbox for me.
1. xbox
2. action replay
3 game
4.one of these HD cables (I do play on an HDTV)
Is that it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Microsoft HD cable.jpg (9.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg HD cable for xbox.jpg (25.3 KB, 70 views)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #19
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Microsoft HD cable.jpg...

Yeah that's what I have. It's basically one part, the part with the small brick that you plug into the Xbox... And then you connect that to the TV with component cables (any kind, from Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.).
Old 09-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #20
Pro

So with the microsoft picture I have above I would still have to have more cables? If so, will the ones that came with my xbox work?
I bought an xbox tonight from gamestop. Cost me $50, so I don't think that is to bad. (I sold my Madden 10 copy for $47, so that almost covered it, to bad I purchased it for $60.) It was manufactured in 2005. I hope that is a good one. I have also purchased (on ebay) an action replay and the game. So by middle of next week I should be playing this on xbox!!! PS2 will have to hold me over until then. Thank you all for helping me make the switch from PS2 to XBOX. Someone please answer the question above because I would like to order it tonight so I can get it as soon as possible.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #21
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
So with the microsoft picture I have above I would still have to have more cables? If so, will the ones that came with my xbox work?
That picture actually shows component cables as well. So no, the picture shows everything you would need.

Component cables have two plugs for audio (red and white) and then three for video (red, blue, and green). The cable you got with the system is very likely not component, but rather composite. Composite cables have just one plug for video (white? yellow? I forget).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 10:43 PM   #22
Pro

Thank you koshi (and everyone else) for your help. I think I will get the microsoft one. I assume it is better quality then the other one I have a picture of.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

I think its called the advanced a/v pack or something. I have my 360 set to 1080I because that's my tvs native resolution, and the game looks horrible via hdmi. Looks fine on 720p though.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

1.Get the COMPONENT CABLES for Xbox, they are now getting harder to find in stores so you might have to look on ebay for them.

2.Try to get a GAMESTOP controller made by Pelican, this costs around $12-$14 and the nice thing about this controller is you have 2 sets of Black and White buttons on it, the second (extra set) of buttons is located above the triggers like the shoulder buttons on the xbox 360 controller, this comes in handy for sports games like 2k5, for stiff arm moves!

You wont need any other memory cards if you buy an Action Replay.
All game saves and settings are saved on the Hard Drive. (in case you didnt know)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »