Home

Is XBOX version that much better?

This is a discussion on Is XBOX version that much better? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Is XBOX version that much better?

I have this for the PS3 and have been playing it again for about 2 months. I have given up on Madden 10 and have no desire to play it anymore. What I want to know is if the XBOX version is that much better that I should buy an XBOX, Action replay, the game and what ever else is needed to have updated rosters. I don't really care about having the replay's for the halftime show/sportscenter, so that is not enough reason to buy it. However, I am playing on an HDTV and I read somewhere that the XBOX version has way better graphics for this kind of television. Is that true? I can get the playstation to look pretty good, so I think I am just spoiled with HDTV and the game is going to look like it does because it is outdated a little. Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Is XBOX version that much better?

YES! it is much more better. this coming from a former ps2 nfl 2k5 player. The xbox version is more better in every category, from the video highlites to details.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

People forget that the XBox1 was a 733mHz cpu.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
MVP

jsou4646's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
People forget that the XBox1 was a 733mHz cpu.
I was going to say that, lol. I play on a '04 RCA 52' running at 480p and it looks and plays great.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 49

I have it for ps2 and xbox. Believe me playing the standard xbox version will demolish the ps2 on ps3 experience. Ive done it. The complete feel is different. Its much smoother annimations, and just feels right. The added graphics and replays are a plus, but the gameplay difference will blow your mind.

As Ive said before, if you havent played the xbox version of nfl 2k5, you havent truely played nfl 2k5. If I only had the ps2 version, I never would have got into the game, its that much different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Pro

Wow, I guess I have to look for an xbox. I have never even held an xbox controller. I wish I would have spent the money I did on Madden 09 and 10 and just did it last year. Anything else that I need to buy, or that you suggest I get? Also, does the xbox use HDMI or not. I will have to do some research.
thanks

Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
...Its much smoother annimations...
Yeah the PS2 has kind of a choppiness to it... Especially after a play when the window shrinks so you can see the playbook to call your next play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
...I have never even held an xbox controller... ...Also, does the xbox use HDMI or not...
I recently sold my PS3 setup and tracked down and old Xbox and everything needed. The controller admittedly took some getting used to, but now it's not even an issue.

For the A/V connection there are two different "packs" you can get. One for S-video and the other for Component. I think one is called "Advanced" and the other is... Eh, I forget.

Yeah, do some research.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
Pro

I am a little overwhelmed at this point. It sounds stupid, but I have never paid any attention to the xbox. I need an action replay, but don't know what kind to get. I saw on ebay about an 8mb and a 16mb. I would think the 8 would be enough. Did the original xbox have a hard drive in it or do I need memory cards like the ps2? I am trying to find how to put updated rosters for the xbox, and I don't dare ask in a new thread because it has probably been asked 1000times.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »