Home

My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ)

This is a discussion on My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:59 PM   #33
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: My impressions of the beta verion of ESPN NFL Football (Please READ)

I don't have any one to play multiplayer with right now. I might this weekend if I don't goto Chicago. I live like 10 miles away from my friends (I live out in the boonies) so I usually goto their houses to do stuff anyway.

Yea I remember those two problems in 2K3. They are fixed in this version. I have not seen a DB yet make a dumb jump for the ball. I used Garcia and Farve to play a couple of games, when I went back pretty far, it usually got intercepted or the pass was short. Usually I went that far because I was being hounded by defenders. The commentary even made a remark about throwing off the backfoot and saying how its not usually a good idea.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:07 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:

Kodiak33 said:
My God Kanobi.

Old 07-16-2003, 01:14 PM   #35
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Kodiak33 said:
My God Kanobi.

I apologize, man, but I really need to know whats going on with Franchise Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2003, 01:23 PM   #36
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

To be really honest, I never messed around with franchise mode TOO much because I wanted to play single seasons. I'm a purist, so I need to have the correct rosters all the damn time or it bothers me. I don't like fake players for my new running backs etc. If you could type something out for me from NFL2K3 (like specifically what everything was like) I could help you. But since I don't remember how the old system was I can't tell what they changed totally. I know your office looks much more detailed than NFL2K3. Someone said before the draft was not finished because the big board was gone or something. I think they saved the franchise for last because the gameplay is pretty much done I think.

Don't worry I'm not pissed, I'm very sarcastic most of the time. Keep asking gameplay questions if you guys want.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #37
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Kodiak33 said:
To be really honest, I never messed around with franchise mode TOO much because I wanted to play single seasons. I'm a purist, so I need to have the correct rosters all the damn time or it bothers me. I don't like fake players for my new running backs etc. If you could type something out for me from NFL2K3 (like specifically what everything was like) I could help you. But since I don't remember how the old system was I can't tell what they changed totally. I know your office looks much more detailed than NFL2K3. Someone said before the draft was not finished because the big board was gone or something. I think they saved the franchise for last because the gameplay is pretty much done I think.

Don't worry I'm not pissed, I'm very sarcastic most of the time. Keep asking gameplay questions if you guys want.

hehe im the same way season mode is all i need btw about editing the classical teams can you edit the skin color and accesories?

thnx again
Old 07-16-2003, 01:35 PM   #38
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

Good question, I'm not sure, I just went into the screen but didn't change anything. I'll look tonight.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:41 PM   #39
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Kodiak33, Thanks for the impressions dawg! My biggest Gripe of 2k3 was that the cpu NEVER threw the ball over 25 yds down field! Does the cpu go for the Bombs this year or does it still throw those dinky *** 10&15 yarders? Thanks again!
Old 07-16-2003, 01:41 PM   #40
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Thanks again, Kodiak. That's a bummer about FPM, but guess they gotta save something for next year (lol). If they are still able to squeeze it in online, I won't miss it as much in Franchise.

I really hope they add head slaps to FPM in next year's game, too. This mode's gonna be incredible in a couple of years.

What do you mean head slaps? They do slap your head after a play, and sometimes, at the beginning of the game, they pound the crap out of your shoulder pads like the video shows. The whole warmup part is in first person
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »