Home

GMR gives ESPN...........

This is a discussion on GMR gives ESPN........... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2003, 08:49 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: GMR gives ESPN...........

Graphix. I think that you are missing the point. You attempted to bait ESPN players into an argument that by it's very foundation isn't even valid. No one is arguing the point total of the review. The problem is the reviewer himself. If you make an opinion, it has to be an informed and nuetral one (if you are a legit mag with no developer's money in your pocket). The very fact that the reviewer states that ESPN players would be intimidated by Madden in and of itself is a joke... and the funny things is that YOU know it is. By that very fact you have set a contradictory premise, that is indefensible because you yourself don't even agree with it...do you? (remember you say you have played both)

I am not a ESPN fan or Madden fan, up until last year I have always purchased both. This year it will only be ESPN, why, because I feel it plays a better game than Madden. After every victory I feel and felt that I really earned the win by utilizing my football knowledge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2003, 08:56 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 6

Reading these reviews and those baiting them out to everyone is garbage as well as those who fight the one baiting them.

Last year 2k3 got high marks and I personally liked it more than Madden, but it had some major gameplay glitches that should have detracted more from the scores. Also, NCAA2003 constantly got scores less than 9/10, most were around 8.8/10 which is wrong to me since I thought it was better than any of the other two.

At any rate these little magazines and websites (yes even IGN and Gamestop) have reviewers writing for a target audience of 13 yr old boys and are therefore lite and uninformative.

You shouldn't be paying attention to any reviews, good or bad on any sports games outside of a few sports only websites like this one or Football Gaming.Com.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:00 PM   #67
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I read the review. All I can say is I wish someone out there, anyone, be it GMR, IGN, Gamespot, who reviews football games, would have someone who actually knows the game of football do a reivew.

I haven't seen a review by someone that has a clue from any of the major media outlets in years.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:00 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
I read the review. All I can say is I wish someone out there, anyone, be it GMR, IGN, Gamespot, who reviews football games, would have someone who actually knows the game of football do a reivew.

I haven't seen a review by someone that has a clue from any of the major media outlets in years.

Damn right. I said this over the Sega Sports board and everybody was saying that I think I know more than the reviewers because they are "professionals" and they know better than we do.

Can people really be that dumb and yet deserve to live?

Reviewers at Gamepro, EGM, IGN or anywhere else are no more qualified to give reviews and impressions than any of us who come to this forum (Except for the a few of the total jackasses and idiots that come here). They don't go to a school to learn how to review and come out with a degree in "Game Reviewing Science". These are just guys who have played video games and got hired to play video games and post what they think about them. The truth is though, many of us are more experienced than they are. It's a shock at how many pimple-faced kids are reviewing games these days. A lot of these guys can't even put together decent sentences, and when they give a game a score they can't even justify it.

Look at the EGM article on 2K4. They said the game was better than last year which got high scores, and the only thing they didn't like was FPM. Yet the game was scored lower. The score was not justified by the article.

IGN has also displayed very irresponsible journalism as of recent. I recall an article that basically disrespected ESPN players in a subtle way and gave light to the reviewers own Fanboism.

It's a shame.

But what can we can expect when other news media outlets like the NY Times print inaccurate, false, disrespectful and downright idiotic stories on a daily basis?

True professionals are in short supply in this day and age. This is what the world has come to.

Fortunately for me, I don't care about game reviews anymore. Because of poor quality control, they've become utterly worthless.
Old 08-02-2003, 01:36 PM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

CFL2K4 said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

Damn right. I said this over the Sega Sports board and everybody was saying that I think I know more than the reviewers because they are "professionals" and they know better than we do.

Can people really be that dumb and yet deserve to live?

Reviewers at Gamepro, EGM, IGN or anywhere else are no more qualified to give reviews and impressions than any of us who come to this forum (Except for the a few of the total jackasses and idiots that come here). They don't go to a school to learn how to review and come out with a degree in "Game Reviewing Science". These are just guys who have played video games and got hired to play video games and post what they think about them. The truth is though, many of us are more experienced than they are. It's a shock at how many pimple-faced kids are reviewing games these days. A lot of these guys can't even put together decent sentences, and when they give a game a score they can't even justify it.

Look at the EGM article on 2K4. They said the game was better than last year which got high scores, and the only thing they didn't like was FPM. Yet the game was scored lower. The score was not justified by the article.

IGN has also displayed very irresponsible journalism as of recent. I recall an article that basically disrespected ESPN players in a subtle way and gave light to the reviewers own Fanboism.

It's a shame.

But what can we can expect when other news media outlets like the NY Times print inaccurate, false, disrespectful and downright idiotic stories on a daily basis?

True professionals are in short supply in this day and age. This is what the world has come to.

Fortunately for me, I don't care about game reviews anymore. Because of poor quality control, they've become utterly worthless.

I totally agree. This is why sports game reviews in particular mean nothing to me. You hit the nail on the head imo.

Old 08-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #70
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

i also agree with everything but that not deserving to live part...that was a bit harsh.
Old 08-02-2003, 09:29 PM   #71
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

wwharton said:
i also agree with everything but that not deserving to live part...that was a bit harsh.

I agree with that statement to
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2003, 08:16 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 5

you ever notice magazines are getting lazy...what happened to the indepth reviews we used to get???

Now we get a page full of pictures with a paragraph or 2 saying the same crap as last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »