Home

ESPN release date

This is a discussion on ESPN release date within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ESPN release date

I am getting both games this year. I took 2 years off from Madden and I think this years version will be very good. Most years it is just a roster update, but the owner mode looks great.
But, after playing the demo for ESPN, I can't wait until Sept 3rd.
Old 08-05-2003, 10:35 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: ESPN release date

People are starting to find out why people who like the 2K series since the Dreamcast like it so much. VC doesn't sit back and say "Everybody loves the game so we don't have to improve or innovate anything". VC had the top spot on the Dreamcast and was selling 2 million copies easy on one console. Sega/VC was sitting high on the hog but did they settle HECK NO!! VC kept re-working, re-vamping, re-writing, re-tuning in an attempt to make the best game they could. In all the 10 years I played Madden only 2 times have I felt like I wasn't buying a roster update. In all the 4 years I've been playing the 2K series I have never felt like I was getting just a roster update. Every year I'm excited to see what VC has in store for us but at the same time have to remember they only have a year to put something together. IMO it takes close to 2 years to put a good game together but VC manages to do it in 12 months and sometimes less than 12. VC works their butt off every year to gives us the best games they can at the time and what time will allow.

Madden can come out 6 months before ESPN and I won't even blink an eye and still wait for ESPN to release. I love football but I'd be stupid to just buy a game because it came out first.

To the guy who said he'll be going to school and ESPN won't be out until he's back in school take the money you were going to spend on Madden2004 wait and pre-order ESPN at some place close to your school and rent madden before you leave for school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »