Home

2K Sports Has Already Approached NFL About NFL 2K13 Licensing Deal

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Has Already Approached NFL About NFL 2K13 Licensing Deal within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #137
Rookie

thecougarbear's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Sports Has Already Approached NFL About NFL 2K13 Licensing Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
The NFL is trying to become it's own network. Maybe they would
hire programmers and cut everyone out all together.. LOL
Pretty sure the NFL would be looking at all sorts of monopoly lawsuits if they did that.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #138

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
To me, it's six straight years of disappointment. At first, I would purchase the next-gen versions of Madden, every year, only to end up trading the next-gen version in for the current gen version. In 2007 I traded it in for 2k8, but I also got rid of my regular xbox. I simply got tired of current gen,or last gen, Madden.

I had more fun with Head Coach 09 than Madden 09. I didn't really play it, at all, and I ended up,ironically,re-purchasing APF. For the past three years I've been forcing myself to play the new Madden; then I get tired of it, realize it's crap, and go back to APF.

The exclusive deal must end.

That was years ago. I think they've learned a thing or two about a thing or two.
I feel the same way. It's not because it's Madden either. I'm not a fan of Madden, but more than it being because it's Madden, it's because football plays such a large role in sports gaming. Having only one developer making a game is very one dimensional. We are being given one choice to decide from and that has left me rather flat.

I don't look at a possible 2K game being THE answer to football gaming, but I think it definitely adds a positive layer to the mix.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #139
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecougarbear
Pretty sure the NFL would be looking at all sorts of monopoly lawsuits if they did that.
Why? It's their IP, they can do what they like with it. If they want to employ a dev team to make a game no one can stop them.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I just keep thinking of NFL Today and how awesome that would be... We have yet to see great commentary in a football game and 2k can def deliver when it comes to presentation.
My dude seriously,have u been nfl2k..from 2000-2005....u ever listen to the commentary...which sports game has better
?
Old 10-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #141
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
We should be mad at EA...why? Look at what they did, they knew exactly what they was doing back in 2005. they bought the NFL, NCAA and the Arena football league. There not innocent, they had a agenda back then. Both are too blame for what happened. Hopefully the NFL have learned from that choice and allow more than one developer. Im sure they know whats up with all the bad PR they have recieved from it. Also they acquired the ESPN license for 15 years. Look at what they have done with it and only because 2k5 did wonders with it. EA isnt innocent at all!!!
Hate to break it to you, but 2K tried just as hard to get that license. They bid on the exclusive license just like EA did....only they didn't have deep enough pockets. If the NFL has "received bad PR because of it" it's from a tiny niche community of gamers (APF sales numbers are proof enough of that). Maybe you should try holding 2K accountable for capitalizing on the loyalty of 2K fans and offering a half-hearted port in APF. Madden 11 utterly destroys 2K5 and APF. The visuals and gameplay aren't even close. 2k5/APF is Madden 11's chew toy. The only remnant of 2K5 worth clinging to is the half time and post game show. And let's be honest, 2K didn't design those ESPN overlays and wipes. They were already ESPN's standard wipes for telecasts.....2K simply put them in their game. They did a great job of presentation to be sure, but they just copy & pasted what ESPN already had developed. It's just a video game. Drop the childish grudge and move on with your life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #142
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Hate to break it to you, but 2K tried just as hard to get that license. They bid on the exclusive license just like EA did....only they didn't have deep enough pockets. If the NFL has "received bad PR because of it" it's from a tiny niche community of gamers (APF sales numbers are proof enough of that). Maybe you should try holding 2K accountable for capitalizing on the loyalty of 2K fans and offering a half-hearted port in APF. Madden 11 utterly destroys 2K5 and APF. The visuals and gameplay aren't even close. 2k5/APF is Madden 11's chew toy. The only remnant of 2K5 worth clinging to is the half time and post game show. And let's be honest, 2K didn't design those ESPN overlays and wipes. They were already ESPN's standard wipes for telecasts.....2K simply put them in their game. They did a great job of presentation to be sure, but they just copy & pasted what ESPN already had developed. It's just a video game. Drop the childish grudge and move on with your life.
LMAO...MADDEN11 destroys 2k5 and allpro football? What game u playing my friend? Pease tell me what Madden11 has done better than allpro and 2k5? Only thing that is better is graphics, it surely isnt gameplay. Trust and believe, the madden community can voice that. I have moved on, and NBA2k11 is getting my time, but honestly we need more than what madden has giving us for 6 years. We need competition. Also what have madden done with presentation..lmao. The madden community is still saying that they havent surpassed 2k5 yet, thats telling u something...peace!!
Old 10-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #143
Pro

OVR: 7

It is sad that it is even up for discussion. The Madden teams ought to apologize for this fact. They are just now getting into the realm of 2k5's presentation. And the half time and weekly shows are jokes.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #144
Banned

OVR: 4

Halftime show and presentation?.(lmaoooooooo)...there is no sports game plays sweeter in my palns with a controller than k5..just stop it...GAMEPLAY..madden doesn't have that no matter how they try.11.2050 madden just don't get it.casual kids luv madden.

How can u end a childish grudge...when u took away redlobster and gave us mcdonalds and said it was the same thing lol!!............their pissing down your back and telling u its raining my fren..........they took away your million dollers gave u a five bill and told u your rich now.!!!(to self) $ucker

Last edited by lvsolja; 10-11-2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: add things

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »