Home

what should 2k's next football move be?

This is a discussion on what should 2k's next football move be? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: what should 2k's next football move be?
hope to get nfl license and make nfl 2k13 27 30.68%
make a college football game next year 32 36.36%
make a fully custom game with endless options 28 31.82%
make a game based on CFL or USFL 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: what should 2k's next football move be?

I am dieing for a new entry into the college football world. I have NCAA 2K3, and NCAA 2005 (EA) and neither of them are doing it for me anymore (really tired of my QB throwing with out me pushing a button on the EA game and the 2k3 wasn't what later entries by sega/VC/future 2K were capable of)

I'm all for both NFL and NCAA but a college entry is a bigger deal.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:56 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 17

I just started following the whole 2K vs. Madden thing as of late. I never played the 2K games (although now I wish I did), I watched a lot of those Youtube videos about 2K and I was knocked out by how amazing it looks, despite it being 5 years and one console ago. I wish Madden had the type of animations seen in that game, it's so fluid and lifelike.

So what's the whole licensing situation right now? I see some of you saying 2K could have a new NFL game by 2012, but some of you are saying never. Can EA really keep that license past their current deal? The sales are that justifying? Because everything I see, shows sales slowly declining, and a very mediocre quality of game. The Show and NBA 2K have taken the leaps to next-gen and Madden hasn't. I realize gameplay/quality means nothing compared to sales, but c'mon. They think another NFL-licensed game, with terrific gameplay, WOULDN'T sell? Might not hit Madden sales right away, but it would sell. Anything with the NFL name will.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 1

I'd love to have a custom football game. That'd be so much fun, but seeing as 2K'll probably never do that. I'd take any football game from them. I just want a football game with a deep franchise mode. Have each player have certain things that he wants before he signs with a team. Not whoever pays them the most. A AI teams make smart trades.

I was a Madden guy for yearsssss, but now I just some competition. Give me a choice. I never played 2K5 back in the day, but I bought it a few months back. But after playing APF2K8 I realized how much better 2K is than EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »