Home

This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden...

This is a discussion on This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2003, 11:13 AM   #17
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: This Is Why ESPN Should Have Come Out the Same Day as Madden...

yep no dissapointment at all
Old 08-12-2003, 11:17 AM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

CLASSIFIED said:
Quote:

Graphik said:
First off, no game is flawless. Second, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. And yes I'm getting the game, that does'nt mean I like it.

No way am I setting myself up for disappointment cuz the excitement about the game is based on facts. I love 2k3 and still play it so there's no way I'll be disappointed cuz it turning out to be everything I wanted plus more. Glad your getting ESPN, you won't be sorry.

What facts? That the demo is a work of art? That everything you griped about last year has been fixed? What you seem to be forgetting about is other things like simmed stats, cpu trades, off season mechanics, online reliablilty, in a host of other stuff you know nothing about. Sure the gameplay may be fun but what is it gonna be worth if you have a glitch in franchise that erases certain players stats. All I'm saying is you dont know how you'll react once you get so deep into a game. You have such high expectations of the game and something is gonna turn out bogus. Thats all I'm saying. Just like all those Madden fans who've been feenin the game despite knowing it will be the same as last year, playing it and saying thy're disappointed because its the same as last year.

And for the love of god, I hope that the game will be flawless and glitch free but I'm not expecting that at all. I know it will be something there to bother me, whether I can live with it or not is on me.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:42 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

I don't know about CLASSIFIED, but for me, all the off-season stuff doesn't matter. Of course no game is perfect, because no programmer is perfect, human technology isn't perfect. You're right anyone expecting perfection will be disappointed, but man, ESPN sure looks like an exciting game with a different flavor no one has ever tasted before in a football game.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:56 PM   #20
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

NYJets37 said:
If you think the game is going to be perfect, you will be dissapointed.

exactly...I'm really trying not to hype games like I used to, because it only leads to disappointment...
Old 08-12-2003, 12:59 PM   #21
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
I don't know about CLASSIFIED, but for me, all the off-season stuff doesn't matter. Of course no game is perfect, because no programmer is perfect, human technology isn't perfect. You're right anyone expecting perfection will be disappointed, but man, ESPN sure looks like an exciting game with a different flavor no one has ever tasted before in a football game.

Its even more than just a franchise. would if players dont get injured, would if the sacks happen to much, would if instead of dropped passes, they cach everything. If you come in thinking that the game is the messiah, then you'll be pissed to find one of those flaws. And thats all I'm tryna say. CLASSIFIED seems to believe the game is perfect and that all his prayers will be answered and he has'nt even played the final build, hell, I dont even think he played the DEMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2003, 01:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

yup, usually flaws, bugs, and glitches of a game aren't pointed out until after the game is released and many people have played it.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm not going to play the demo cuz $10 for a 3 min demo ain't worth it and I don't wanna experience the game until release so I can be more surprised to see all the improvements. I think 2k3 is the Sh!t even with minor flaws so now that they have been addressed I'm even more happy. I don't believe the game will be perfect I said it will be NEAR perfect, near as in little nitpickings about it. I really believe that ESPN will be extremely solid in gameplay and atmosphere. Franchise isn't a big deal to me I have no problems with it. I don't assume I'll be able to jump right in and be nice in it as every 2k has a learning curve which is why 2k3 is still in rotation. All I'm tryin to say is ESPN will be 10x better than 2k3 and that Madden fans gripes about it most likely are resolved.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:39 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 10

I have to agree people are going to find stuff they don't like ESPN and want to take it back too. Then again these are the same people who don't realize ESPN has difficulty sliders.

From what I've seen and read about the "Owner Mode" it seems really nice but I like playing the game more than the front office stuff. When they talk about playmaker it sounds just like 2K's Maxium Passing & on-the-fly hot routes with some blocking directions thrown in for good measure. Part of EA's problem is they're listening to their fans and their fans aren't complaining too much about gameplay so why bother it.

It comes down to preference. If you like the off the field aspects then Madden is your bag. If you like the on the field aspects then ESPN will be your bag.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »