Home

Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

This is a discussion on Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

I am a huge fan of 15 minutes quarters and I tend to play against CPU so this wishlist is for strictly for human/CPU's process within a game, nothing to do with human vs human game mode. I would love to see a slider for CPU to call a play. Usually in 2k5, the cpu calls in a play when it is 30 seconds in the play clock and snap the ball at between 20-25 seconds left on the play clock. I don't like that so a play clock slider would help to make them snap the ball between 10 seconds to 1 second, depending on the situation. For normal play calling, unless the CPU are playing as the Colts which like to do the hurry up offense in 1st quarter. Maybe do the animation of subbing a players from the sideline to the huddle and calling the play in. I could suggest a play calling slider for each situation: for example, a slider for first quarter/3rd quarter, and separate slider for second quarter, depending on time and when having the lead in the fourth quarter, their goal should be trying to kill game clock time and hurry up a bit when trailing by 7 or by 10 or by 14 in 3rd quarter/4th quarter and have them to snap the ball by 20 to 25 seconds left on the play clock. It is called a game management slider. For CPU's punting situation, have them to snap the ball is different from the normal offense play calling slider. This type of CPU situational sliders I mentioned above should be included so that we can obtain the realistic total plays that we can all enjoy for 15 minute quarter. As for FG, have the slider when the kicker is ready and feel confident then snap the ball rather than being set in stone by offense play clock slider. I would suggest to add an option for accelerated game clock & play clock by 2x speed when there's a blowout by 30 points by 3rd/4th quarter in a 15 minutes quarter game to speed up by 2 times during the huddle but when the ball is snapped, have the game clock speed to be normal accordingly.

Secondly, an idea but not that important, during the huddle, have the QB to tell them the count when calling for a play and do the count and try to draw them offside or the false start if the O-lineman mishear the QB. If the qb mistime it, then it can cause false start or something. Just an idea. Make sure that there is option for on/off toggle.

Now, finally, for human vs human or online game mode, I would like to do away with super quick selection play calling mode when it comes to selecting a play from thousands of plays in the playbook then snap the ball at 30 seconds left in the play clock. I propose a new system that would force them to be patience and select a play. For example: when just finished a I-formation play and then a player would select a shotgun with 4 receivers, then it must be forced to make an animation of making substitution of sending in three receivers to the huddle and the playbook menu must not be shown while the game clock and/or play clock continue to wind down until the substitute players have arrived at the huddle then the shotgun playbook menu shows up and call in a play according to the shotgun formation and there is no turning back to change the different formation. Should you change your mind, you may change the formation but you may not substitute any players and must take the risk and be in disadvantage of the match-up or risk a delay of the game penalty. More on that after this paragraph. After selecting a offense play, break up the huddle and line up at the scrimmage. This way, we'd see a reasonable time to set up scrimmage at least about 20 to 15 seconds left in the play clock and snap the ball anytime.

Example: There's 4 receivers in the huddle and you changed your mind and wants different plays, you can but if you are calling a I-formation then your WR is lined up in FB formation and he is at disadvantage of blocking and resulting in a negative plays so you do not want to change your mind too often and stick to the game plan. This will force the players to think hard on what formation they want to play with on each down for first 10 seconds then make the call on each formation while the clock is running down.

While speaking of the same process on the defensive side, after a play of that defensive formation, do the same thing, as soon as the intention is known by the offense player, the defensive player does not know what the offense formation will look like but pops up a screen showing 4 WR 1 RB so that the defense player knows what kind of defensive formation they want to counter the offense despite not knowing the type of offense formation. The screen should be shown information such as: a set amount of receivers or backs or TE and adjust according to a 4-3, or nickel or dime, etc and they cannot call a defensive play until all players has arrived and call in a play quickly. Should a offense call in a play quickly, no more count down from 10 to call in a defensive play but rather quickly pop up an screen with defensive preset audible of 6 or 8 preset defensive plays (6 or 8 different buttons for it) for specific formation yelled by the LB automatically during the break from the offense huddle. 4-3 formation should not be shown as dime defensive plays in the preset audible. That will save us from selecting a defensive play every time for 10 seconds countdown to have the game ends earlier. This only works if the offense substitution animation is in effect. If a player does not want to wait and rather just go, and go and go.. have this option toggle on/off and have the normal 10 seconds countdown for defensive play. This might not be perfect but worth trying to make it a better football video game.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #34
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Post Re: Your Wishlist for NFL 2k12/13 (IF it happens)

Make Online fluid.. get the roster updates weekly with ratings etc. I would love for the Post game Interviews to return, as well as halftime interviews. (don't make it predictable like the winning team or losing team gets the halftime interview.) More Hot routes for Recivers and defense. Return On the fly Audibles, I used to Love that. The crib must return, as well as tons of more plays/ play creater. most important.. make plans to make a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME TOO.
MLB:PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
NCAAFB:PENN ST (Jerry's Gone PSU Moves on)
NCAABB:KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 PM   #35
Rookie

BetterThanESPN's Arena

OVR: 0

A 2K NFL game would be ****. I can't even begin to imagine an NFL game on next-gen made by 2K Sports.. bring it on! Madden is awful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hope we see NFL 2k12 and I hope it has in game saves. Also I hope it has a auto slider type thing like madden IQ. If we don't see this game I guess I will still be playing NFL 2k5 for now. 2k5 is better than any of the Madden games since.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake916
Only gripe I have ever had with 2k5 was that to the players looked somewhat akward when they run. Thats it. When they have the ball, with there back straight up to me it looks weird. Anyone else agree..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
same here that was really an eyesore
You know I thought so too guys. But after seeing this video, I see why 2K made the running animations like that:

Skip to 25 seconds.

They just need to make the hand/arm with the ball have more movement going up and down. Because the other arm (not holding the ball) the animation is perfect in 2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »