Home

Just plain old Espn 2K5

This is a discussion on Just plain old Espn 2K5 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2011, 11:58 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Just plain old Espn 2K5

I've had this game for nearly a month. What sliders do you guys use with default rosters? I wish I had gotten this game much earlier. That way I could've downloaded the last Visual Concepts January 2005 roster update. Perhaps that fixed issues with the game?

All-Pro setting, AI CPU QB play is bad and throw too many picks. They also can't run the ball. Legend mode is cheap because of speed cheat for the AI both on offense and defense. Is the only way to get competitive games by allowing AI speed cheat?

I've looked at this site and others but can't seem to find a good slider set.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #10
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

If you're able to transfer to a mem card, I have the last update on my site (under Visual Concepts).

As for sliders, I have my own that I have gradually mad harder as the years wore on. For the most part, I'm maxing out CPU passing, blocking, catching and rushing, while keeping human around halfway (with coverage even lower). INTs are at zero (a must in this game) and fumbles are just under the halfway point.

That is for me. Others will have there own. Many people use Bill's sliders. There is a thread on it in the sliders section, I believe.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dophin26
If you're able to transfer to a mem card, I have the last update on my site (under Visual Concepts).

As for sliders, I have my own that I have gradually mad harder as the years wore on. For the most part, I'm maxing out CPU passing, blocking, catching and rushing, while keeping human around halfway (with coverage even lower). INTs are at zero (a must in this game) and fumbles are just under the halfway point.

That is for me. Others will have there own. Many people use Bill's sliders. There is a thread on it in the sliders section, I believe.
Yeah I've been to your site a few times just to see what rosters are made. Unfortunately I have 2K5 for PS2 and I don't have Action Replay. Do you know personally if the VC update changed parts of the game?

I've tried Bills sliders but it was way too easy for me on offense. Plus AI CPU couldn't pass or run with those sliders.

If you could state the sliders you use in it's entirety that would be great. Also curious to see your penalty sliders, fatigue and if the sliders you use fit with the default rosters.

Lastly, why is Chop Block turned off by default? I always turn it on. Is it supposed to be off in real life (in the 04-05 season)? Because if it's suppposed to be off, why would there be a setting for it? Do you turn it on or off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2011, 02:04 PM   #12
MVP

dophin26's Arena

Yeah I've been to your site a few times just to see what rosters are made. Unfortunately I have 2K5 for PS2 and I don't have Action Replay. Do you know personally if the VC update changed parts of the game?

I am relatively sure it is strictly a roster- no changes to the game itself.

I've tried Bills sliders but it was way too easy for me on offense. Plus AI CPU couldn't pass or run with those sliders. Never used them myself.

If you could state the sliders you use in it's entirety that would be great. Also curious to see your penalty sliders, fatigue and if the sliders you use fit with the default rosters. I would, but I am at work- not working (conference).

Lastly, why is Chop Block turned off by default? I turned it off, because I was getting called for it like crazy. I can't speak for others.

I always turn it on. Is it supposed to be off in real life (in the 04-05 season)? No.

Because if it's suppposed to be off, why would there be a setting for it? Do you turn it on or off? See above.

Overall, I like to keep in mind it is a game and I'm not going to get perfect results. I like it to be a "real" as I can make it, but I want to enjoy playing too. It helps that the first video game I ever played was Pong. Everything looks great to me.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:

I am relatively sure it is strictly a roster- no changes to the game itself.

I've tried Bills sliders but it was way too easy for me on offense. Plus AI CPU couldn't pass or run with those sliders. Never used them myself.

If you could state the sliders you use in it's entirety that would be great. Also curious to see your penalty sliders, fatigue and if the sliders you use fit with the default rosters. I would, but I am at work- not working (conference).

Lastly, why is Chop Block turned off by default? I turned it off, because I was getting called for it like crazy. I can't speak for others.

I always turn it on. Is it supposed to be off in real life (in the 04-05 season)? No.

Because if it's suppposed to be off, why would there be a setting for it? Do you turn it on or off? See above.

Overall, I like to keep in mind it is a game and I'm not going to get perfect results. I like it to be a "real" as I can make it, but I want to enjoy playing too. It helps that the first video game I ever played was Pong. Everything looks great to me.
I worded it wrong. What I meant by gameplay changes was perhaps the roster update fixed certain issues with the game.

So for example maybe they improved accuracy for all QB's to help with AI CPU from throwing 2+ picks every game. Or improve WR catch rating as too many AI receivers simply don't catch the ball. Or improve offensive linemen blocking rating as CPU running game is lacking.

But I do know what I'm missing out on. Up-to-date 04-05 rosters, depth charts and overall player ratings. So for example Ben Roethlisberger would be the starting QB for the Steelers instead of Tommy Maddox or better ratings for certain players rated too low.

So in that sense I'm missing out on gameplay improvements (changes). I also know that the XBOX version got a patch that fixed the clipping issue and some said in this site that gameplay improvements were patched in as well.

Have you tried out on All Pro setting with the last VC update and compared that to the out-of-the-box rosters? Curious to know if the game plays differently.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
MVP

dophin26's Arena

I haven't played on just plain All-Pro w/2004 rosters. I am relatively sure that the roster was just what you stated- an update with the latest guys and updated depth chart. I have the patch that fixed the clipping issue, but I don't know what else it fixed.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #15
JVM
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
I haven't played on just plain All-Pro w/2004 rosters. I am relatively sure that the roster was just what you stated- an update with the latest guys and updated depth chart. I have the patch that fixed the clipping issue, but I don't know what else it fixed.
I recently installed the game and I think there was an update, not sure about that. Is there a way to check if I have that clipping patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

To answer the OP's question, yeah I still enjoy NFL 2k5 from time to time with the default rosters. I don't have Action Replay or what have you, so this was the only way for me. Stuff like outdated rosters has never bothered me so of course playing with the original rosters is fine to me. Just depends on yourself really. If you need everything up to date then you're out of luck, if not, you'll enjoy it for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »