Home

I'm new and need your help selling me on ESPN NFL 2k4!!

This is a discussion on I'm new and need your help selling me on ESPN NFL 2k4!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2003, 06:51 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: I\'m new and need your help selling me on ESPN NFL 2k4!!

Just wanted to let you all know this is my first and probably only message I will ever post on this website. I have been an avid sports gamer from the time I was 10. I grew up on the EA sports titles. I know a lot about sports and on the current platforms I feel Sega is heads above the competition as far as putting out realistic and accurate to the specific sports - video games. I feel there game play puts EA sports to shame. Although I have stated this they do always seem to have some fatal bugs. In there baseball game you could steal second 99 out of 100 times. In there basketball game you could full court press and steal the inbound 99 out of 100 times and in there hockey game it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to score on a goalie. I just wish Sega would test there games better and find these things out before they put their product on the market. As far as what product to get.....it is up to you. If you play most of your games in franchise and you play the computer mostly i would get ESPN. I can and have beaten the comp on All madden level in Madden but just can't stand how the computer just raises all the levels of players. EA doesn't actually make the comp smarter, they just make the players better. Your O-line can't block for [censored you naughty boy] in madden. In sega football it is realistic and if you play on the harder levels the computer just plays smarter they don't just up the player ratings. I hope this gives you some insight. I personally am getting ESPN NFL Football. I just hope it doesn't have some stupid glitch and that they tested it well but i have no doubt it will be the most realistic football experience and have the best gameplay. Peace out

Cdog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2003, 08:24 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

cjnst2 said:
Just wanted to let you all know this is my first and probably only message I will ever post on this website. I have been an avid sports gamer from the time I was 10. I grew up on the EA sports titles. I know a lot about sports and on the current platforms I feel Sega is heads above the competition as far as putting out realistic and accurate to the specific sports - video games. I feel there game play puts EA sports to shame. Although I have stated this they do always seem to have some fatal bugs. In there baseball game you could steal second 99 out of 100 times. In there basketball game you could full court press and steal the inbound 99 out of 100 times and in there hockey game it was like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole to score on a goalie. I just wish Sega would test there games better and find these things out before they put their product on the market. As far as what product to get.....it is up to you. If you play most of your games in franchise and you play the computer mostly i would get ESPN. I can and have beaten the comp on All madden level in Madden but just can't stand how the computer just raises all the levels of players. EA doesn't actually make the comp smarter, they just make the players better. Your O-line can't block for [censored you naughty boy] in madden. In sega football it is realistic and if you play on the harder levels the computer just plays smarter they don't just up the player ratings. I hope this gives you some insight. I personally am getting ESPN NFL Football. I just hope it doesn't have some stupid glitch and that they tested it well but i have no doubt it will be the most realistic football experience and have the best gameplay. Peace out

Cdog

To be a EA fan you sure sound like a 2K fan. I owned all but the basketball and all you had to do was edit a couple of things and your gripes were wiped out. IMO Hockey isn't the scorefest some people are used to on EA's NHL games and if you really played NHL2K3 you would know it had big holes in the goalies. One of the moves have a name "S move". Now WSB2K3 people edited the catchers throwing strenght and you steeling was harder to do. In NFL2K3 you had sliders to help have the game play the way you wanted. All of these games may have had default issues but most of them could be taken care of by editing something here or there. Try again cdog.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:25 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

I was impliing i was a sega sports fan....and there is no way you could fix the steal problem with sliders. I play all the sega games on the hardest level and in NBA 2k3 i could still full court press the comp and get 50+ steals a game..that is a problem that need to be addressed....i still prefer the game over the dunkfest and high field goal percentages that is in NBA Live.....just wish sega would fix this stuff...to have the perfect games....i am saying hopefully they will. try again. peace out.
Cdog
Old 08-21-2003, 10:26 AM   #28
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

I only have 2 issues with the original post:

1. Most of us that have been here for a long time know that if a person is considering himself to be a Madden-only fan, then you can never really convince them of anything. Then, the discussions just turn into flame wars. The post, unwittingly, is just asking for yet another flame war.
2. The major difference between OS and MaddenMania is the mob mentality present on MM. If you don't think their way, then you are either stupid or just even more stupid. Fans on this site aren't all about trying to "convince" people to like their favorite game. In general that is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »