Home

Really? This game doesn't warrant it's own forum on the front page?

This is a discussion on Really? This game doesn't warrant it's own forum on the front page? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Really? This game doesn't warrant it's own forum on the front page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
There are tennis and golf games being released every year, though. OS is a top sports gaming website and their goal is to bring their visitors news on the most current and popular items.

The community is what is updating the 2K games, not 2K itself. I'm sure there are people who are still doing things with cassette and VHS tapes. But, I doubt you would see those media formats featured on the front page of a top multimedia discussion board. They would probably be burrowed within a sub-forum off of the main page for its niche users to enjoy. It's the same idea here. OS has to push what is new and popular. Showcasing old games from 4 and 7 years ago on the front page of its discussion board is not a good way to do that. Even though we 2K users don't want to, OS has to move along with the times and keep the relevant games and products at the forefront of its site.

Like I said before, it sucks, even though it makes sense. You can't really blame them for it.

I respectfully disagree. Look at the activity in the NFL2K forum as opposed to some of the "newer" and "relevant" topics. I would bet my last chicken wing that there are STILL more people playing, editing, updating 2k5 than Top Spin 4. Why isnt NBA elite buried under "Other basketball games"? Its a dead title.

Its not like they couldnt have left the topic on the main page. Its not like it wasnt technically feasible.

The game may be 7 years old, but it is, indeed still quite relevant.

But, there isnt much we can do about it. I think we all know where to find the forum. I think what people here are questioning is the motive for why this forum was buried.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

NBA Elite isn't buried under "Other Basketball Games" because it isn't dead. In fact, the NBA just renewed their contracts with both 2K and EA. Just because a game wasn't released this year doesn't mean it's dead. If that's the case, you could say the same about 2K hockey. They announced that they're not making a game for the 2012 season. Nonetheless, there is still a spot for that game on the main page because they still have a contract with the NHL and will release future games.

2K doesn't have a contract with the NFL and there isn't a new 2K football game in sight. It is only kept alive by its community. I'm not saying I want the front page to be void of 2K football. But, just look at it and you'll realize they're pushing the newer and relevant games rather than hanging onto old ones. Even if the 2K football forum has more visitors, that doesn't change the fact that the games are old. The games are still relevant to us. But, to the industry, they aren't.

Nobody is saying it wasn't technically feasible to leave the game(s) on the homepage. The point is that it was a design choice. They don't want old games featured, so they took 2K football away.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Kings
NBA Elite isn't buried under "Other Basketball Games" because it isn't dead. In fact, the NBA just renewed their contracts with both 2K and EA. Just because a game wasn't released this year doesn't mean it's dead. If that's the case, you could say the same about 2K hockey. They announced that they're not making a game for the 2012 season. Nonetheless, there is still a spot for that game on the main page because they still have a contract with the NHL and will release future games.

2K doesn't have a contract with the NFL and there isn't a new 2K football game in sight. It is only kept alive by its community. I'm not saying I want the front page to be void of 2K football. But, just look at it and you'll realize they're pushing the newer and relevant games rather than hanging onto old ones. Even if the 2K football forum has more visitors, that doesn't change the fact that the games are old. The games are still relevant to us. But, to the industry, they aren't.

Nobody is saying it wasn't technically feasible to leave the game(s) on the homepage. The point is that it was a design choice. They don't want old games featured, so they took 2K football away.
They shouldnt be "pushing" anything. This is an informational site. There are places you can find reviews, screenshots etc. The forums themselves are a repository for sports gamers to exhange information. They shouldnt be about "pushing new and relovant games". Shouldnt be about "pushing" old games either.

I am not going to spell it out, but we know who this site is beholden to and who they are slanted to. Its like watching FOX or MSNBC. I was simply stating that it was my personal opinion that the 2k5 forum was moved, not because of numbers, but by preference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #36
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan77
They shouldnt be "pushing" anything. This is an informational site. There are places you can find reviews, screenshots etc. The forums themselves are a repository for sports gamers to exhange information. They shouldnt be about "pushing new and relovant games". Shouldnt be about "pushing" old games either.

I am not going to spell it out, but we know who this site is beholden to and who they are slanted to. Its like watching FOX or MSNBC. I was simply stating that it was my personal opinion that the 2k5 forum was moved, not because of numbers, but by preference.
THAT is what I was waiting for in this thread. The old "Wah wah, OS is being paid by EA".

Give it a rest. It's a message board that needed a serious case of organizing. I personally did the organizing, and I don't get paid a damn thing. So, quite honestly I would love to know where you get off accusing me personally of this.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 05-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #37
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan77
That is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. The mere fact a game that hasn't been released in 5 years lasted this long on the front page says something.

It's funny, in 2003 and 2004 all the Madden fanboys accused OS of being on the 2K/VC payroll. Now all the 2k nutjobs accuse OS of being on the EA payroll. OS can't win no matter what they do.

2K hasn't released a football game in 5 years. That's the way it is.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. The mere fact a game that hasn't been released in 5 years lasted this long on the front page says something.

It's funny, in 2003 and 2004 all the Madden fanboys accused OS of being on the 2K/VC payroll. Now all the 2k nutjobs accuse OS of being on the EA payroll. OS can't win no matter what they do.

2K hasn't released a football game in 5 years. That's the way it is.
Oh so if you like EA you're just a fanboy, but if you like 2K you're a nutjob? Huh? Huh? LOL just kidding. But I would like to chime in real quick and say that it shouldn't matter that the last 2K game was released 5 years ago. This is the most powerful sports gaming website there is, and what 2K did was damn near miraculous, and EA is still yet to come anywhere close. I just wish it would be recognized as such an accomplishment, and given the respect it really does deserve with it's own equal forum.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #39
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic fArts
Oh so if you like EA you're just a fanboy, but if you like 2K you're a nutjob? Huh? Huh? LOL just kidding. But I would like to chime in real quick and say that it shouldn't matter that the last 2K game was released 5 years ago. This is the most powerful sports gaming website there is, and what 2K did was damn near miraculous, and EA is still yet to come anywhere close. I just wish it would be recognized as such an accomplishment, and given the respect it really does deserve with it's own equal forum.
Again the fact that it hasn't been released in 5 years and still had a front page forum shows the respect it received.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic fArts
Like BK said, the game was 5 years old and still had it's own forum for a while, so they did show it respect. The boards hardly get visited anymore. I'm sure if all of a sudden the 2k Football boards got the visits the Madden and NCAA boards get, then OS would give this games it own forum again.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »