Home

I'm Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL

This is a discussion on I'm Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2003, 08:02 AM   #1
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6
I\'m Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL

I'm curious to see how the game plays and how the new additions all add up. I will say this, I've played Madden 2004 for a few days now and to be honest, the game is just no fun to play whatsoever.

When playing Madden you get the feeling you're playing a superhuman opponent. Case in point the cpu defense is nearly impossible to block at the line of scrimmage. I've watched instant replays that show my offensive line making not even the slightest attempt to block. They just stand there and watch as the quarterback gets his head pounded in.

CPU defensive lineman constantly push my offensive linemen into the backfield on seemingly everyplay. The CPU offense is nearly impossible to stop on the All Madden level. Madden 2004 just doesn't live up to the hype. NCAA 2004 on the other hand is a much more enjoyable game to play. It's the better of the two games, it just doesn't have all of Madden's bells and whistles like the playmaker stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: I\'m Really Looking Forward To ESPN NFL

I think that the pass rush in Madden 2004 is much like the real NFL where you only have a few seconds to spot and throw to an open receiver. It works both ways because the CPU quarterback also only has a few seconds to throw.

I am looking forward to ESPN NFL 2K4, but it is going to face some very tough competition this year.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

LIGHTNING said:
I am looking forward to ESPN NFL 2K4, but it is going to face some very tough competition this year.

Competition from who? Madden? In sales ESPN will lose, but that's all.

I played Madden 2004. Not impressed, not at all. If I were one of the people who bought this game, I would be in line trying to get my money back.

After all that hype, what a disappointment Madden is.
Old 08-27-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

And since you were disappointed with Madden, every human being on the face of the Earth must have been, because we all know that everyone's opinion is EXACTLY like yours.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:07 PM   #5
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Superfly said:
And since you were disappointed with Madden, every human being on the face of the Earth must have been, because we all know that everyone's opinion is EXACTLY like yours.

well pretty damn close
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2003, 02:25 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

ADW said:
I'm curious to see how the game plays and how the new additions all add up. I will say this, I've played Madden 2004 for a few days now and to be honest, the game is just no fun to play whatsoever.

When playing Madden you get the feeling you're playing a superhuman opponent. Case in point the cpu defense is nearly impossible to block at the line of scrimmage. I've watched instant replays that show my offensive line making not even the slightest attempt to block. They just stand there and watch as the quarterback gets his head pounded in.

CPU defensive lineman constantly push my offensive linemen into the backfield on seemingly everyplay. The CPU offense is nearly impossible to stop on the All Madden level. Madden 2004 just doesn't live up to the hype. NCAA 2004 on the other hand is a much more enjoyable game to play. It's the better of the two games, it just doesn't have all of Madden's bells and whistles like the playmaker stuff.

I feel you. The O-line in Madden2004 doesn't open up any holes either. I like to run the ball (not every down but to mix it up) but without any holes to run through you can't run. The Denver O-line should open up somethin.

I don't care if my reciever is covered by one or 2 DBs but when half the defense is there before the ball that's kind of wack.

Don't worry I don't own Madden2004 but I've played it and don't really care for it. I'm waiting for ESPN NFL Football.
Old 08-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

Superfly said:

Ahhhhh, nice one troll....Err, I mean Superfag..... Err, I mean Superfly..........
Old 08-27-2003, 09:29 PM   #8
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

Superfly said:

When did he say that? He said if he bought the game he would take it back in. He didn't say everybody.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »