Home

How will ESPN be improved from the overrated 2K3?

This is a discussion on How will ESPN be improved from the overrated 2K3? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 09-01-2003, 04:11 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How will ESPN be improved from the overrated 2K3?

Yea great review. I don't think I have ever been so excited for a football game ever!!!! This game just has everything that I have ever wanted in a football game. Madden just never seems to improve in the areas it needs to improve and it sounds like VC has done what no other developer has!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait!!!!
Old 09-01-2003, 07:33 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Personally I don't see how the game was overrated. Dropped passes were only a problem if you made a bad read and threw in to coverage. Now the 1 player sack problem was a huge problem but I can assure you it's fixed this year.

Everyone complained about floaty ball physics in the passing game, although no one really understands that the 2k3 team used actually ball physics and velocity in it. Madden's ball physics in the pass game are actually a little over the top and out of whack.

RB physics should be better this year, and this was one of my big complaints last year.

Bottom line, I think if you liked 2k3 last year, you will really be impressed with it this year. If you didn't like it last year, you should probably like it this year,but for some people, it still may not suit their tastes, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you are a fa n boy, don't bother, just play your game and keep your mouth shut.

Man it's like some of these guys have never watched a game of FOOTBALL in their lives...

Great Post man...

I'll assume BK wasn't labeling me a "[censored you naughty boy]"(no big deal-I've been called worst) but I'm not sure I understand Sportmonger's take on "never watching a football game. I just gave my opinion on what I thought was a good football game, but not quite as good as a lot of people thought-IMO! I'll do a 180 and say that I might not wait to pick this up after reading LB's review.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:52 PM   #19
MVP

wayne23's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Personally I don't see how the game was overrated. Dropped passes were only a problem if you made a bad read and threw in to coverage. Now the 1 player sack problem was a huge problem but I can assure you it's fixed this year.

Everyone complained about floaty ball physics in the passing game, although no one really understands that the 2k3 team used actually ball physics and velocity in it. Madden's ball physics in the pass game are actually a little over the top and out of whack.

RB physics should be better this year, and this was one of my big complaints last year.

Bottom line, I think if you liked 2k3 last year, you will really be impressed with it this year. If you didn't like it last year, you should probably like it this year,but for some people, it still may not suit their tastes, and there is nothing wrong with that. If you are a fa n boy, don't bother, just play your game and keep your mouth shut.

All the latest footage of ESPN football seems to certainly indicate that this year's version will be improved from last year's version of the game. But IMO I thought NFL2k3 was one helluva game to play and I still enjoy it very much.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:58 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Quote:

SportsMonger said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

Man it's like some of these guys have never watched a game of FOOTBALL in their lives...

Great Post man...

I'll assume BK wasn't labeling me a "[censored you naughty boy]"(no big deal-I've been called worst) but I'm not sure I understand Sportmonger's take on "never watching a football game. I just gave my opinion on what I thought was a good football game, but not quite as good as a lot of people thought-IMO! I'll do a 180 and say that I might not wait to pick this up after reading LB's review.

I wasn't commenting on your post...

I was just complementing BK's post...About "TRUE" ball physics...
Old 09-01-2003, 08:24 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Oh-sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2003, 08:32 PM   #22
Banned

Yo JB, have you tried playing the demo or seeing the movies? Because seeing the movies lets you know just HOW improved this game is...

Some people say that ESPN Football made a more drastic leap from 2K3 than MVP did from Triple Play... it's THAT different.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:44 PM   #23
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

And yet Sega has apparently completely revamped this area of the game(if the review by LBZrulz is to be believed). If the developers felt the ball physics were basically accurate in 2k3, why would they make any changes? Face it, bk, people complained about the floaty ball physics because they were a problem.
Old 09-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #24
Banned

They definitely were a problem... throw an incomplete pass in NFL 2K3, then play your ESPN demo (if you have it) and throw an incomplete pass... the ball physics are PERFECT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »