Home

A Question for Madden Converts

This is a discussion on A Question for Madden Converts within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
A Question for Madden Converts

I got Madden the day it was released, played it, tweaked the sliders, went through a full franchise season and off-season, and started a 2nd year. Then i put NCAA 2004 back in, and realized that it's just a more addicting game than Madden. I was at EB yesterday picking up ESPN Hockey, and i played ESPN Football at a kiosk there. After about 5 minutes it just seemed like a better game than Madden. The gameplay seemed much better. I want to hear from other Madden converts about what swayed them to this year's ESPN title. i bought both games last year, but wasn't as impressed with 2K3 as many others. I'm thinking of trading in Madden, and i want to know what's in store. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 10:02 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: A Question for Madden Converts

Last year was my last year with Madden. I converted because Madden is the same old game on the field every year. It is boring. They need to update that engine and I will try it again.

What is in store for you is Fun. ESPN is a fun game to play and it is 10x better than 2k3.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:03 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tbuck, you're thinking is spot on. NCAA 2004 is far more fun and addicting than Madden and ESPN 2K4 is a better game.

Yes, I am a Madden convert. I actually hated all prior 2Kx games.... This one is the Shiznit!
Old 09-11-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Heelfan71 said:
Last year was my last year with Madden. I converted because Madden is the same old game on the field every year. It is boring. They need to update that engine and I will try it again.

What is in store for you is Fun. ESPN is a fun game to play and it is 10x better than 2k3.

Exactly how I feel! ESPN is like a breath of fresh air for me, I also find new things in the game all the time which keeps it interesting.
Old 09-11-2003, 10:10 AM   #5
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

in all due respect... what's Madden?

that's my answer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I have both games and need to pick one because I will trade in one of these pro games for ESPN Hockey. I'm having a hard time deciding. NCAA football will be getting most of my football gaming time but I want to keep a pro game. I am definetly tired of Madden and so far my only dislike about NFL2k4 is that I have to keep tapping the x for a speed burst. I'm leaning toward 2k4 though it seems more of a challenge for me and its something different. Undecided
Old 09-11-2003, 10:16 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be helpful if you said what specifically are the most important things to you in a football game, and whether you plan on going online or not.

ESPN *is* more fun to play, but it also has more bugs than Madden. I personally enjoy both games, you can't really go wrong with either.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:42 AM   #8
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Ok here is my feelings on this, I was a madden diehard every since the sega days. I truly loved playing madden football for years. When someone would mention another football game I would laugh cause madden was always better.
The last couple of years tho i became bored to death of madden but continued to buy it and play it. Then i became addicated to the ncaa football series the last couple of years and stopped playing madden all the time. I bought madden this year and got really bored with it after about a week and went back to ncaa football 2004 which is a great game. Since i couldnt stand madden i went to return it to eb for store credit and the guy working there talked me into getting espn football. I owe him big time!!!!!!!!! When i got home i opened espn and began to play and graphics blew me away as did the presentation!!!. After a couple games tho i got bored of loosing and went back to ncaa. After watching pro football all day sunday i got that itch again to play a pro football game and put espn back in and gave it another chance and man i am glad i did. The thing is this game is a better brand of football, you have to think and use football stragety to win. You cant just pick it up and move the ball in this game and it is really hard to stop the cpu. Again if you are a madden man give this game a couple weeks atleast and you will love it. But like i said your first few days will be no picnic and you will not like this game. I love tring to move to ball and tring to stop the cpu in this game! In my opinion this game looks and feels like nfl football!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »