Home

terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

This is a discussion on terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 04:02 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: terrel owens speed rating and other nfl players ratings

Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Quote:

BraveWayne said:
Yep, those are speed ratings.

Man... Well, the only thing I can say is he musta run a 5.0 forty or something, because that's where they supposedly got the speed rating from according to the game.

Maybe he stopped after 35 yds to sign a football, then walked the other 5 yds.

good one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

HAHA thats funny.

Yeah looks like I will be editing his speed rating tonite.

What rating should I give T.O. ... 90?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:04 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

nothing to do with T.O.: I've noticed that a lot of ratings are a lil' screwed up.... not that it really matters or anything but the LDR (leadership) of Warren Sapp was higher rated than Derrick Brooks, so I changed that and made Brooks a 97 and left Sapp where he was... don't get me wrong, Sapp is awesome, but Brooks calls the shots as opposed to Sapp and him, Kiffen and Gruden won a championship, not Sapp...

just one of the VERY small things I changed

Change T.O.'s speed!
Old 09-12-2003, 04:14 PM   #28
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

How much does the speed rating really matter? Once you get into the open field with just about anyone Offensive Lineman included, you're taking it to da house.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Here's an interesting (if not old as Vick was still at V. Tech at the time) nugget of info on 40-yd. dash times. On Davebyers.net.:

"The word starting to make the rounds on the Virginia Tech quarterback is that he can run the 40 in less than 4.3 seconds. I never saw Vick run a 40, and I wasn't at his workout at Virginia Tech. But one thing I can guarantee is this: Vick cannot run the 40 in under 4.3 seconds. Heck, he can't run it under 4.4, either. Yet when the NFL begins its march of draftees on Saturday you're going to hear how one running back ran a 4.32, a wide receiver peeled off a 4.34 or some 350-pound lummox breezed through a 4.85. It makes for good copy. But so did Paul Bunyan. O.J. Simpson might have been the fastest back to play the game. Go ahead and make a case for Bo Jackson. Maybe Herschel Walker, too. But Simpson ran a leg on Southern Cal's 440-yard relay team, one that set a world record, and if he were in this year's draft he'd be the fastest running back by far. Faster than Big-10 sprint champion Michael Bennett. Faster than LaDainian Tomlinson. Faster than Deuce McAllister. Any idea what Simpson ran for a 40? I do. Try 4.5. If you don't believe him ask. He said it shortly after he left USC. The fastest starter I ever saw was sprinter Ben Johnson, and at the 1988 Seoul Olympics track and field's fastest starter ran the 100 meters in a blistering 9.79 seconds, a time that later was disallowed after Johnson tested positive for steroids. Know how fast he covered the first 40? It was 4.69 seconds. Forty meters is approximately 44 yards, which means Johnson ran the first 40 in 4.26. So, now, let's see if I have this straight: The chemically enhanced Johnson, the fastest starter in track history, ran the fastest 100 in history, only it was one-tenth of a second slower than Laveranues Coles a year ago and three one-hundreths of a second ahead of Sanders' NFL combine record. It makes you wonder. It makes you wonder why anyone believes this stuff."
Old 09-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 7

interesting post gooberstone. Anymore where that came from?
Old 09-12-2003, 04:19 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

tigerx82

I think ur right man I mean everytime I see him play its crazy how he seperates himself form defenders so quickly.

I guess that is his acceleration ability and not really speed. Maybe he gets a good first couple of steps and that is all he needs. I do think that he is faster than rice, and key-johnson. Man I wonder what the developers had in mind they need to come on these forums and explain themselves haha. We need a madden and espn chat session. I dont really like modifiying players when I play sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #32
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

The fact is...in comparison with those other receivers, TO is VERY Fast, and should be between 90-93. TO's speed will be shown off more this year as the 49ers take more deep shots down the field under Erickson's offense. TO is not known for his speed, b/c people get wrapped up in his strength, stiff arming, etc. But i saw him at a game run down a DB who had made an interception. TO turned around from running his route, and tracked the guy down. Also, remember the Giants 2002 playoff game where TO caught that pass across the middle and took off running for the TD. There is almost no one in the NFL who can catch T0 from behind. It's no secret to people in the NFL. Teh 49ers offense uses TO to stretch the field on many of their pass plays. But don't tell anyone....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »