Home

Had the coolest challenge related series last night

This is a discussion on Had the coolest challenge related series last night within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2003, 02:44 PM   #1
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

OVR: 16
Had the coolest challenge related series last night

Last night, I was playing the Cowboys (I'm the Eagles) in preseason, and the Cowboys were driving. They had the ball down at my 5 yard line. They ran a play with Hambrick and the refs gave him a score. I thought that the spot at the goaline was bad, so I challenged the play. The replay showed that he was stopped before he got in, so it was overturned. On the next play, I stopped them from scoring, and on 3rd down, they threw a pass into the endzone that Vincent intercepted and returned 101 yards for a score. Besides the fact that I've never returned an interception that far in my videogame life, it preserved the shutout for me. Vincent returned 2 INTs for touchdowns in that game. I'm playing on Pro, so it may not mean much, but it was cool nonetheless.

I'm a longtime Madden player and never liked the Sega series before. I don't know what they did this year, but I am hooked. The Presentation is awesome and the gameplay has gotten much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Had the coolest challenge related series last night

amen

Old 09-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

I've had a lot of good experiences with the challenge this year, actually. I've had the CPU win challenges and lose challenges, and I have yet to see a play get overturned (or stand, for that matter) that didn't deserve the outcome. I was afraid of having that "crap the CPU is challenging, that means I lost" attitude, but I don't have it yet. I have had them challenge on change of possession, turnovers (I know, they're change of possession too, but not just simple turnover-on-downs plays), what have you. Any big play that's questionable seems to get challenged by the CPU, and I like that. Do I like the fact that they might burn both challenges by halftime, on ball spot errors that really don't matter? Not really, but overall I like the challenge system.

Oh, and don't be ashamed of playing on Pro, either...whatever you have fun with is all that matters. You have to play the games, not anybody else.

Old 09-12-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

The other day, the CPU challenged a spot, and although the spot call was overturned, it wasn't overturned enough so that the CPU got the first down. It showed the coach on the sideline throwing his clipboard. Very Cool!
Old 09-12-2003, 02:54 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I challenged the spot of a ball in a online game and the dude though i was dumb when i called the challenge.... well instead of first and goal it was 1st and 10 going the other way, thanks sega....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2003, 03:09 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

caseyd said:
The other day, the CPU challenged a spot, and although the spot call was overturned, it wasn't overturned enough so that the CPU got the first down. It showed the coach on the sideline throwing his clipboard. Very Cool!

He actually threw it? Aw man I gotta see that!
Old 09-12-2003, 03:13 PM   #7
D*d y** g*t th* m*m*?

caseyd's Arena

I'm pretty sure he actually threw it. There are so many little things that this game does right, presentation-wise. I'm always seeing new stuff.
Old 09-12-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
All Star

OVR: 23

I played earlier as the Rams against the Giants. I had 3rd and 1 on their 30yd line and decided to go for it (the wind was making FGs nearly impossible from that distance). So, I give it to my FB to run it up the middle and get stuffed, but I get the first. I wasn't sure if I actually passes the line so I call a hurry up offense to get off another play but Fassel throws the flag. Call gets overturned so I go for it again, and this time I clearly pick up the first.

Three plays later its 3rd and inches and same exact thing happened, and Fassel was able to throw the flag again before I was able to get the play off. The get the challenge overturned again. It was great, I felt like I was playing against one of my friends trying to hurry up and get a play off.

I think the challenge system in this game is perfect. I do have to admit that I have never saw a challenge not get overturned, but every play that the AI does challenge usually is a close call. I never saw a play get overturned where I thought it was total BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »