Home

O.S. Managment can you please..

This is a discussion on O.S. Managment can you please.. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: O.S. Managment can you please..

boiler you have som validity but with me I only play Dlineman until i get beat then I switch players.I will respond to this: Calling the right defense has nothing to do with the speed burst being so effective with online opponents only and having no consequenses to the running backs stamina (I do not have a problem against the computer because they dont hit the A button like a madman).My opinion is that the secondary player should have a quicker burst OR the running backs speed burst should be limited to a certain amount of taps wich will then effect the stamina considerably wich in turn would slow him down so he can be caught up to by a player with greater speed (as with 2k3) then he would be exhausted after lets say a nice 45yrd- 50yrd gain.Then on the next play the running backs stamina cannot regenerate as fast as other players on the team and that will make you switch halfbacks for a play or 2 and or having to throw a pass! Please guys stop with the defense call stuff cause I know most if not all of you onliners have experianced what I am talking about.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:54 PM   #10
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

im sry dguru but you must have a horrid way of playing defense. When i play online i play with whatever team the computer gives me(hit L + R and computer randomizes). I have gotten to use the Texans and have really enjoyed playing with that team(dont ask). I have shut down teams like the Vikings, Dolphins, Rams, Raiders, and the over rated Mike Alstott. Yea they might beat me in the 3 or 4th quarter because of 1 touchdown but it has always come down to the wire with me. Bear coverage and 4-3's are my favorite defensive plays but i dont over use bear coverage cause u always leave some holes on the field. Too many people complain about this, but if i can come up and beat so many people with the TExans and Cardinals then i must be playing correct d. BTW all of my scores online havent gone over the 30+ points.

Have fun first!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

azn_essence said:
#1 and 3
they better fix with a patch..

What is this patch you speak of?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2003, 05:45 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

What does the righ play have to do with when you got Brian Urlacher unable to bring down Eddie Geoge in the backfield time and time again. What kid of plays do you call that enable broken tackles to be toned down. You basically have to hit any decend back in this game with two tacklers in order to stop the run. First tacjkle gets broken I would say 90% of the time. But hey it is a video game but some of you arrogant people make me laugh. Play defense or call the right plays. It's a VIDEO GAME YOU NERDS.
Old 09-20-2003, 05:47 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

BSB215 said:
What does the righ play have to do with when you got Brian Urlacher unable to bring down Eddie Geoge in the backfield time and time again. What kid of plays do you call that enable broken tackles to be toned down. You basically have to hit any decend back in this game with two tacklers in order to stop the run. First tacjkle gets broken I would say 90% of the time. But hey it is a video game but some of you arrogant people make me laugh. Play defense or call the right plays. It's a VIDEO GAME YOU NERDS.

Yea, a video game. But a very realistic game at that. If you want a game where you just push buttons, and don't have to know anything at all about foortball, I believe Blitz Pro is coming out soon.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:02 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sega loyal, I also play bear D and i am not saying i get torched everygame ( my record online 16-5 before reset, 9-3 since "legend only/Jets only/6 min qtrs only") But there is a problem with pursuit in this game due to broken running plays wether it be due to not being able to 1 man tackle or the speed burst (example I played Miami last nite and I ran over saeu and zack thomas "165yrds" every time curtis martin was 1 on 1 with them, now comon in real life if zack was blasting up the middle or pursuing a sweep curtis would be stuffed or chased down 95% of the time).I really beleive it is the speed burst that should be adressed and toned down and if not then let it be a big fatigue factor.
Old 09-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #15
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11

arrogant... i dont think so. We just know that even Urlacher will have a tuff time taking down eddie 1 on 1. I dont watch football much but learned to like and appreciate the sport thru VC's 2k series.

to dguru:

Yea i think something needs to be toned down. I have custom sliders myself and things work out great. I have only had 1 break away at my 30 and ran it for a touchdown. The thing is that i play on Legend. I think that introduction of custom sliders has also made the development team a bit lazy in giving us a challenging time on Legend but also have it fair. I could give u my sliders if u want to see them but i think everything comes down on the introduction of custom sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2003, 06:09 PM   #16
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

i dont think that you guys realize that you cant patch a console game. thats only for computer games, unless you want to buy a lot of memory cards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »