Home

GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE

This is a discussion on GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2003, 06:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE

Ok, after several days of experimenting and playing around using the preseason games for testing Ive found out some important info about the slider settings. First off, each setting is defaulted to 50/50 which Im sure you already know but heres something very strange and interesting I discovered. In the beginning I had been moving the settings in correlation to the skill or tendency I wanted to raise. For example, if I wanted a team to pass deep more I moved the sliders all the way to the right thus thinking this would raise the deep throw tendency of said team right? WRONG. After observing several CPU vs CPU games with these settings I noticed the teams where actually throwing more short routes. Along with this I had moved the sliders for pass and run tendency to the right thinking ok Ill make this team pass a bit more like the niners or Packers. Wrong again, after moving the sliders the Packers handed the ball to Green 44 frigin times and had minimal passing yards. Now I started thinking what if these sliders where actually set up where if you wanted to raise the attribute to the far left you moved the sliders right and vice versa for the one on the right. So I went back in and moved the deep passing slider to the far left and What do ya know, the teams throw more deep passes, meaning around 30 to 40 yarders. Also again I did this with the run/pass sliders and yep, the sliders seem to be set so that in order to raise an attribute you had to move the sliders in the opposite direction of the name. I hope this is making sense, to me its a confusing way for them to have set up the sliders and most folks like I did in the beginning thought moving the siders towards the name meant raising the attribute. So in other words say you have RUN/PASS, each is at 50/50, which means RED/GREY being RED=RUN/GREY=PASS. Sorry for the long explanation, just trying to explain this as best I can without it being confusing lol.
So to raise run you move the slider far right thus making it more red meaning more run tendency. Same for pass, move it far left, more grey=more pass. THis works for all the sliders except Blitz since its a solo attribute. Hope this helps fellas, Im still experimenting but I thought Id give this heads up for thoughs of you working with the franchise Gameplan sliders. Good luck and let me know how they work for ya.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59
Re: GAMEPLAN SLIDER INFO FOR FRANCHISE MODE

Anybody confirm this?
Old 10-06-2003, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

ahh I think I get you

bar run/pass
++++++++++++++

So you're saying its really
running plays out of total plays

so
++++ is less run than
+++++++++++ more run, less pass.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:04 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm sure it works via coaches pick
I think the sliders determine what the coaches pick, which is that the cpu uses.
You can see it when you press L to see what they pick for you. It seems to reflect the sliders.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:10 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

Who does this affect? Can it affect the opposition's gameplay?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Also just so you know, this info is based on me choosing all 32 teams in franchise and changing each teams sliders myself. I wanted to see if I could make each team play more like their real-life counterparts. If anyone else can comfirm this please do because as I said this is what I discovered experimenting so I too would like any info to the contrary.
Old 10-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #7
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

Ahh, ok. So you chose every team, then let's say you played the Steelers, and they passed the ball and were aggresive on defense like real life? Carolina ran the ball 30+ times, etc? If so, that is a nice find.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:16 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I was thinking the same thing, but the manual states different.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »