Home

VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

This is a discussion on VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: VC Needs To Add Another 1,000 animations Next Year BUT...

Now this is what I'm talking about when I talk about linebackers in video games. While NFL FEVER is not my favorite game, it does something right with respect to linebackers. It will make you AFRAID of them. Last online game I played of FEVER, I had Lewis, and had 14 tackles, 2 Sacks and 1 INT. And the dude I was playing was like man, there he is again, F*CK!! Thing is, the secondary did what it was supposed to do versus the pass as well as the run, so I stayed playing as Lewis the entire game. The defensive line might need a little work on that game getting pressure on the QB though. My other LB's did what they were supposed to do as well. Hartwell had 6 tackles, Boulware with 4 and Suggs with 3. My linebackers dominated that game, but it all started with me. This is what I want in ESPN and Madden. Linebackers need to be FEARED and I should be able to play as one person without having to worry about others taking bad angles, taking themselves out of plays or just reacting wrongly and too slow to a play. This year we forgive, next year we don't.
Old 11-05-2003, 10:31 PM   #114
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Lbz, do you think your issues with the Linebackers taking bad angles may be a result of bad ratings in areas like Pursuit, Aggressiveness, Composure, Run Coverage and Consistency?

Perhaps these are key in terms of what type of angles the players take and how they react. I'm thinking a Player with High pursuit, High Aggressiveness , low composure, and avg Run Coverage will take bad angles most of the time.

But then a guy with High Run Cov, Pursuit, Aggression, Consistency, an avg Composure rating will take good angles, always come in with a controlled aggresion and ultimately be a dominating player defensively. Think This may be worth looking into?
Old 11-05-2003, 11:05 PM   #115
Hall Of Fame

Nope, I wanted to believe that's what it was kanobi, but then I sat and watched Lewis himself, who has 99 on almost everything and he does the same thing as other guys alot of the time. Dip behind the runner at the side line. Takes some bad angles. Takes too long to read plays. Crashes into the line on the toss instead of getting outside. That's when I realized, if you don't play linebacker in this game you are going to pull your hair out concerning run defense. My best online games against the run have been when I played linebacker. Guy in my PS2 league that had 1700 rushing after 6 games with Bettis, I held Bettis to 62 yds and no TD's. He rarely passed the ball, but he passed 21 times against me, only 11 complete. Thing is, if I had not controlled Lewis, he probably would have ran all over me, just like he ran all over the rest of those dudes, because in the hands of the A.I. Well you know. I won't keep saying it because I love the game, but man my linebackers must be done some justice next year.

I think another way to play good run defense is to play Defensive line, one of the ends, but I would need you to be online to show you some setups. It actually works if you get penetration because you make your opponent cut before he wants to, or on the case of a toss, you can get outside and force him to cut back in where the rest of your defenders will be. But, that's a scheme I'm working on. I used it tonight with alot of success with the Ravens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2003, 09:12 AM   #116
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Okay, I see what you mean.

BTW, I think ALL the oustanding defensive players (not just linebackers) need to be feared. To me , that not only means a player has to be all over the field and taking the right angles but also delivering some bone Jarring, Brain rattling hits that knock guys out and create turnovers. I love espn2k4's tackles but for some reason Just they can't seem to really Capture that real-life sense of Impact...2k3 did a much better job of this for some reason.

I think a John Lynch , Roy Williams, Brian Dawkins, Darren Woodson, or Rodney Harrison...ALL need to be feared and play/hit with alot more tenacity and explosion than the avg defensive back. The Big Hitters need to be better depicted in this game.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:29 PM   #117
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

Kanobi said:
Okay, I see what you mean.

BTW, I think ALL the oustanding defensive players (not just linebackers) need to be feared. To me , that not only means a player has to be all over the field and taking the right angles but also delivering some bone Jarring, Brain rattling hits that knock guys out and create turnovers. I love espn2k4's tackles but for some reason Just they can't seem to really Capture that real-life sense of Impact...2k3 did a much better job of this for some reason.

I think a John Lynch , Roy Williams, Brian Dawkins, Darren Woodson, or Rodney Harrison...ALL need to be feared and play/hit with alot more tenacity and explosion than the avg defensive back. The Big Hitters need to be better depicted in this game.

I agree. They have some nice hits in 2k4 but I played 2k3 a week ago and those hits were hard. They should add some of those into 2k5. I love the game now but it would be even more incredible with those hits.

Yeah, I agree. They have some big hits in 2k4 but I played 2k3 and those hits were hard

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »