Home

Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense?

This is a discussion on Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2003, 02:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense?

Hasn't happened to me yet... but I've had the opposite happen... where my blitzing LB was not blocked and he got to the Running Back just a fraction of the second before the toss did. Whoo Doggie! The ball got tossed and went to the ground... free for all!
Old 11-26-2003, 10:00 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:
Hasn't happened to me yet... but I've had the opposite happen... where my blitzing LB was not blocked and he got to the Running Back just a fraction of the second before the toss did. Whoo Doggie! The ball got tossed and went to the ground... free for all!

I've had that one happen a few times, but the one where he goes after the pitch occurs the most often. He should just play the Running Back in the first place, NOT the football. It's fundamentals of defense. Man who are the beta testers. I'm calling for their heads.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:

I've had that one happen a few times, but the one where he goes after the pitch occurs the most often. He should just play the Running Back in the first place, NOT the football. It's fundamentals of defense. Man who are the beta testers. I'm calling for their heads.

tell em how you really feel (and I'm sure you have)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2003, 10:03 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:

Not me!! *Runs towards the closet and dissapears*.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

LBzrule said:
Quote:

The_Beastmaster said:

tell em how you really feel (and I'm sure you have)

Yes I have. Dude not to try to be mean or anything, but sometimes there are some things that just NEED to be said about inexcusable oversights. Some of the stuff that got overlooked really makes the game look bad when in fact it is a great game. I could sit here and list at least 7 things that were EASILY fixable before the game was released that got overlooked. Inexcuseable.

1) Defenders don't use the Sideline, they would rather dip behind ball carrier or WR
2) OLB goes after pitch glitch
3) CB's or Defenders in general Fall down when you try to catch the ball
4) A.I teammates cannot gang tackle so they fall off letting the ball carrier run for even more yards
5) Camera angle inside the 10 yd line. How could they miss this? somebody tell me how???
6) Depending on what you do, at certain times if you have a guy inside the 10 and you didn't select him, the ball on a kick return or punt return will hit him and when you do switch to him he cannot move at all. You break your controller trying to move him but he will not move.
7) Divergences
8) When doing package subs, in certain sets the game freezes

Well damn that's 8 off the top of my head. It's little stuff like this that just should NOT be overlooked. I don't want to talk bad about anyone, but man this is SIMPLE stuff right here. Did they see that the offense was great and then thought that's what makes a football game??

Old 11-27-2003, 02:11 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

this isn't entirely true but the truth is actually worse. the dbs try to CATCH the ball too and fall when doing so. this is bad for a couple of reasons. first, i can see defenders SOMETIMES diving to try to make a pick in front of a WR but NEVER falling backwards like a WR would do to avoid a big hit or not be knocked backwards. Also, if a DB EVER dove from behind a WR in front of him to try for a pick he BETTER at least get a hand on the ball or he'll be on the bench. It's like the CPU controlled players think they have a chance to catch balls too often, like the WR isn't even there. They should be swatting much more than they do.
Old 11-29-2003, 09:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

wwharton said:
Quote:

this isn't entirely true but the truth is actually worse. the dbs try to CATCH the ball too and fall when doing so. this is bad for a couple of reasons. first, i can see defenders SOMETIMES diving to try to make a pick in front of a WR but NEVER falling backwards like a WR would do to avoid a big hit or not be knocked backwards. Also, if a DB EVER dove from behind a WR in front of him to try for a pick he BETTER at least get a hand on the ball or he'll be on the bench. It's like the CPU controlled players think they have a chance to catch balls too often, like the WR isn't even there. They should be swatting much more than they do.

Too many of the interception attempts are too animation based and they take way too long to happen. That falling down animation is pathetic. Someone in the Quality Department at VC needs to be fired for that one!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2003, 12:33 AM   #16
*t's g*nn* b* L*g*nd*ry

jmw1137's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

LBzrule said:
One way you can remedy it, it seems is to use the hot blitz audibles for both OLB's. The hot blitz changes the path of their blitz somewhat. Try it and see how it works. I've been doing it and they haven't done that foolishness yet.

How do you do a hot blitz?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »