Home

Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense?

This is a discussion on Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2003, 01:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense?

alot of times, when I am controlling the defensive end or a LB that I bring over to the outside to blitz, The computer calls a toss. So I rush in to smash the RB just as he catches it but my player will automatically try to catch the toss even if he has no chance what so ever. This takes him cpmpletely out of the play. Has anyone else seen this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2003, 01:51 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Has this ever happened to anyone on Defense?

You must have it on rookie because even on pro the CPU audibles out of a play if they think you have a good chance of blowing their play up. I see it every once and a while but its usually during pass plays and they act like they have a chance of getting a INT. Most of the time they do have a chance but the receiver usually catches before it reaches the DB's hands.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

all the time
Old 11-25-2003, 04:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
You must have it on rookie because even on pro the CPU audibles out of a play if they think you have a good chance of blowing their play up. I see it every once and a while but its usually during pass plays and they act like they have a chance of getting a INT. Most of the time they do have a chance but the receiver usually catches before it reaches the DB's hands.

yep thats it, Ive been playing on rookie.
Old 11-25-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It happens all the time and it is one of the things that pisses me off. It's the perfect play to shut down the toss but it doesn't work because beta testers didn't do a GREAT job of testing the game. I almost NEVER call that play now because I already know the stupid outcome. It has nothing to do with level of play, it has all to do with poor job by beta testers not seeing this. It is something that is easily remediable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2003, 06:00 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

It has NOTHING to do with what level u play one. I play with modifies legend sliders and it happens to me all the time. Usually its when i am in the Bear formation and blitz an old. If i am controlling him i usually dive straight at the RB as soon as i see a toss. Occasionally i will hit him early and cause a funmble, or just make the tackle, but most of the time he dives to the side trying for an INT.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:56 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

One way you can remedy it, it seems is to use the hot blitz audibles for both OLB's. The hot blitz changes the path of their blitz somewhat. Try it and see how it works. I've been doing it and they haven't done that foolishness yet.
Old 11-26-2003, 12:01 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Quote:

LBzrule said:
One way you can remedy it, it seems is to use the hot blitz audibles for both OLB's. The hot blitz changes the path of their blitz somewhat. Try it and see how it works. I've been doing it and they haven't done that foolishness yet.

Nevermind, he still does it. He doesn't do it versus Pro, but against Kings and Queens he will do it. Maybe it is the single back sets that make them do it most.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »