Home

Anybody Else Have Trouble Getting into EA Football Games after Playing

This is a discussion on Anybody Else Have Trouble Getting into EA Football Games after Playing within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2004, 08:50 AM   #9
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Anybody Else Have Trouble Getting into EA Football Games after Pla

Quote:

Cardot said:
ESPN was my NFL choice this year, and I do prefer its gameplay to EA's pigskin games. However I was not so quick to bail on NCAA. I still enjoy the polish of that game. The number of teams, the fight songs, all the bowls, SI covers, etc.

One other thing that I really think EA excels in is stat tracking. ESPN football throws alot of stats at you, but they are cluttered and can be redundant. EA's are more organized and offer better alternatives for sorting and grouping. I really would like to see VC improve this area of the game that has been weak since the Dreamcast days.

am no game developer, but I have to beleive that improving the statisitcs has to be one of the easier challenges.....certainly compared to things like defensive AI, collision detection etc.

Yeah ea's football games are good in terms off-field polish with stats and options...depth. But on the field is where I can't get into em...not after playing espnfl.

I agree about the stats in espn...very cluttered and you can't sort them by conference or division. I always liked the way EA organized and sorted their stats. Hopefully VC addresses the off-field polish for 2k5 and deliver an even more complete game. Looking forward to it
Old 03-01-2004, 08:55 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

I sure did this year.

2 years ago it went:
1) ncaa
2) madden
3) espn

Then this year ESPN fixed most gameplay things and leapfrogged them all...
1) espn
2) ncaa (I can still get into it... just seems to be better than madden, thats a diff thread though)
3) madden
Old 03-01-2004, 09:11 AM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Herd90XB said:
I hope VC puts together a college football title that's on par with their ESPN NFL Football.

It would be nice to add some competition to the market as well as giving us an alternative game. But I don't know how confident I would be about Sega matching EA's game. They would certainly do some things well, but any ommisions would be very noticable to those of us who are used to NCAA. I would give the game a look. If they had all D1 teams, all the fight songs, stadiums, licensed bowls and conference championships, I would give it a serious look, but I am guessing they would miss some of the above. I like sega and have bought several of their games in the last year, but I am occaisionally disappointed with lack of attention to detail. ESPN NHL has several bothed retro unis, WSB has World Series games played in day time, The Redskins don't have yellow facemasks in NFL etc. Yeah, these are minor, but NCAA nails these types of things, and they do add up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well, I'm kind of the opposite. Now, I'm not a Madden fanboi or anything, but I have played a lot of it (PC) and really enjoy it. I also enjoy 2K4 quite a bit, but, have a hard time getting into it. What bothers me the most about 2K4 is the running backs that swivel instead of turn, and how the players do a slooooow motion run when they should be walking.

I'm also afraid to change slider settings because I won't get any kewl Crib stuff .

I think I'm just a video football wh0re.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:03 PM   #13
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

Cardot said:
Quote:

Herd90XB said:
I hope VC puts together a college football title that's on par with their ESPN NFL Football.

It would be nice to add some competition to the market as well as giving us an alternative game. But I don't know how confident I would be about Sega matching EA's game.

Personally I don't care how an espn college football game stacks up vs NCAA. I like sega's brand of football and would love if they made an ESPN College Football game. I just want a collegiate counterpart to ESPN NFL Football. If Sega can make a college football game as tight as espn college Hoops with the same level of depth in dynasty mode on top of the gameplay of espnfl...I'd be quite happy. This might not happen this year though. However, E3 may hold a few surprises.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:10 PM   #14
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Anybody Else Have Trouble Getting into EA Football Games after Playing

i could still play ncaa after playing espn, but after the college hoops game came out it solved my fix for a college game and the recruiting that makes college games fun.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:37 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

Herd90XB said:
ESPN Football?

I used to love Madden and especially NCAA Football. But, after playing ESPN Football I'm having trouble enjoying either Madden or NCAA. The gameplay in the EA games just doesn't seem nearly as good and the players look so small.

Anyone else in the same boat?

I share the same sentiment. After Sega brought their 2K series to the PS2, I never looked back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #16
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I have the opposite effect I can't back into ESPN but I believe because there's college game to go with it!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »