Home

One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand...

This is a discussion on One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand...

Is this year announcers. They are the worst they have ever had. The one boob will tell you everytime a challenge is made what it is before the ref does. He also has the worse dialogue I have ever heard. All the food metaphors suck....I can't even listen to them anymore "Rushen Jones did not want to be the spam in a kicking squad's sandwich!" is the pits. Especially when he says it 7 times a game.

Get real annoncers and less speach if you have to (being it cost more). Or get better actors with better dialogue. I have never heard any announcers speak like those two clowns.

My advice for now...turn them off. Unless you want a headache in 4 minutes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2004, 07:22 PM   #2
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: One thing about ESPN 2K4 I can not stand...

My advice is: keep them on. THese are the best announcers out of any game ever and they keep getting better every year. I hear new things just about every time I play the game. The only problem I have is that peter always predicts the right call.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

yeah they get on your nerves after awhile.have you tried fever yet. ron pitts is very entertaining the other guy is ok but they sound good together. as if they were really in same booth.i think they added some better commentary(through xbox live)because when this game first came out eveyone said the commentary was repetative but i seem to never hear the same thing twice.the game however isn't as good as espn but its alright
Old 03-02-2004, 07:44 PM   #4

jmood88's Arena

Quote:

poopie said:
yeah they get on your nerves after awhile.have you tried fever yet. ron pitts is very entertaining the other guy is ok but they sound good together. as if they were really in same booth.i think they added some better commentary(through xbox live)because when this game first came out eveyone said the commentary was repetative but i seem to never hear the same thing twice.the game however isn't as good as espn but its alright

Why are you on here again trying to get people to play fever? No one wants to play it so just go back to the fever board. The commentary in fever is terrible. At least it's better than madden but of course that isn't saying much.
Old 03-03-2004, 02:24 AM   #5
Rookie

are you following me.last time i checked i was free to talk on any board i see fit.i was'nt responding to you, the other guy started the thread.you should call espn or who ever makes their game and ask for a job.because you're a die harded fan.as much as you like their game this year, i guess its all down hill for you at this point.come august you won't have to worry about the new games, you seen very content with your baby.the great perfect football game simply known as espn football 2k4.one more question what game did you play last year.because 2k3 was, as you like to say trash.i'm sure i'll here from you soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2004, 07:40 AM   #6

jmood88's Arena

Yes I owned 2k3 It wasn't perfect but it was a good game. When did I say that espn was perfect? And how am I following you? You and that other guy said that I shouldn't post in the fever forum and I'm telling the same thing to you, especially because no one wants to hear what you have to say.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #7
Rookie

do you think you're the voice of the people.you keep saying nobody wants to hear me.have you talk to everybody on these forms?. regardless of what you think i'm going to express my opinon.espn has faults just like all the other games.and in my opinon their commentary sucks.after you play it for awhile, who cares about commentary anyway i just don't think their very entertaining. and their running game needs to be toned down.they break to many tackles.and fatigue is a non-factor.what made the game so good to me was it was different from madden.the presentation blew everybody away. because madden needs a new engine.so again after you've tried madden and espn,maybe another game will seem fresh and new and for me that game was fever.its just like with the basketball games everybody was looking forward to espn's game and its trash.now everbody wants to say inside drive.not nba live, is the best.why are they saying that. because they gave it a try.don't knock it to you try it.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:30 AM   #8

jmood88's Arena

I have given fever a try and it's horrible.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »