Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2014, 08:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
You just had to hold down the button....
What I'm saying is the ball floated... The ball had no zip on it
Old 07-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
This article is posted in the appropriate forum. What are you confused about?
I'm not confused, but you must be. Posting this article encourages the 2k vs Madden talk. That is the purpose of this article.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #35

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
I'm not confused, but you must be. Posting this article encourages the 2k vs Madden talk. That is the purpose of this article.
If it helps you to sleep better at night have at it.

We won't allow Madden talk in this thread just as much as we won't allow 2k talk in the Madden forum.

Again, they are completely different forums. Shouldn't be that hard to see the difference but fight on....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #36
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
NFL2k5 was IMO the greatest football game of all time and I can say this having played them ALL, Im 34 years old and aside from computer football games I have either owned or played every 11 on 11 football game ever made. Im so old I played 10 yard fight on the original NES. That was actually my first football game I ever played.

Back to 2k5... the reason why I say it was the greatest is because it was the total package, especially for its day. I mean think about it, is it really acceptable for a game which is 10 years old to STILL be better than a current title which has been in production for 26 years now. 26 years of raking in UNREAL amounts of cash. 10 years of chances to BURY the memories of 2k football (excluding APF2k8). Dev team turnover rate or not its pretty embarrassing. M15 looks to be something on the cusp of "in the ballpark" for where we all want our football game to be in 2014 What hurts is that the improvements have been sooo damn slow.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:42 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
If it helps you to sleep better at night have at it.

We won't allow Madden talk in this thread just as much as we won't allow 2k talk in the Madden forum.

Again, they are completely different forums. Shouldn't be that hard to see the difference but fight on....
It is not the just the forum though. I don't want to fight on so this will be my last comment. But forgive me because I will bring up Madden.
So just let me explain my objection and I will be on my way.

It is the lead up to Madden's release and they just had a well received twitch gameplay stream. I decide to check the OS homepage and what do I see as the first thing? This article which is a re-review of a 10 year old game. I wonder, how many other reviews of 10 year old games can we expect to see?
It may not be intentional, but it serves to rile up the 2k fanbase and encourage the 2k needs to come back bandwagon. And I thought OS was trying to avoid doing that.

It just seems like putting this on the homepage is kind of shaky or something. Like they stole a page from politics.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #38
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I want to make a comment on this article quote:

Quote:
Both Terry McGovern and Jay Styne do a great job with their lines, and the commentary variety is pretty good. I can say this is one area 2K5 still has mastery over current-day productions without a doubt, as the commentators always seem on-point and they follow the action very well. The commentary in 2K5 lags behind many other games in the genre today, so you can say that this aspect of the game hasn’t aged perfectly, but as a football experience it is still top notch.
Play 2K - 2K4, and you'll notice that Dan and Peter are right in sync with what is going on. Yes, they are definitely late with their deliveries in 2K5. One might say that it's an intentional latency effect, but it certainly doesn't rub off as better sounding than it did in the previous days.

Peter is the same during replays, when he says something like, "And [he] pulls off an epic spin move, watch this...... oh man, that was just an incredible move to avoid the tackle!" The silence in between is when we're supposed to be watching the spin, but in 2K5, he will have that silence maybe as the guy is already getting tackled or we're seeing a second angle of the replay. Again, it doesn't really come fluidly here.

It must have to do with how much is crammed in this awesome game, but I thought this was a lacking thing in the presentation.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 07-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
It is not the just the forum though. I don't want to fight on so this will be my last comment. But forgive me because I will bring up Madden.
So just let me explain my objection and I will be on my way.

It is the lead up to Madden's release and they just had a well received twitch gameplay stream. I decide to check the OS homepage and what do I see as the first thing? This article which is a re-review of a 10 year old game. I wonder, how many other reviews of 10 year old games can we expect to see?
It may not be intentional, but it serves to rile up the 2k fanbase and encourage the 2k needs to come back bandwagon. And I thought OS was trying to avoid doing that.

It just seems like putting this on the homepage is kind of shaky or something. Like they stole a page from politics.
The writers of OS are separate from the moderation of the OS forums.

I get your point, but we moderate the forums, they write stories. As long as they are kept in their own forums I don't see the issue.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #40
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

I really do miss this game. Still have it and play a game once in a while it still holds up imo. Not a big football guy but absolutely loved 2k5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »