Home

NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

This is a discussion on NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:32 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 30
Personally, I thought Madden 05 played better but the hook to 2K5 was the presentation and the animations. I hated the floaty passing, the 'run around a pole' turning, and the wack 'charge up your moves'. Felt arcadish to me. I also noticed that animation jumps mentioned in the article but eventually I played it more as a switchup to Madden.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #58
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NFL 2K5: A Present-Day Take On An All-Time Classic

Typically what I've found is that the guys who didn't like 2K5 (or 2K4 --- which, if the assets from both games were combined, you'd have an unprecedented product to date), weren't used to the sim like experience of dropped passes and missed interceptions. I used to love all of the complaints about dropped interceptions, yet this was probably more of the realistic outcome in the NFL. There was a reason why d-backs didn't become wide receivers.

Guys playing "other games" were more used to and expected being able to go for it on 4th and 12 from their own 33 yard line, and making it.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #59
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I miss this game....I still remember the cloud and blimp shadows going over the field while playing. So much nostalgia and awesome feelings when watching vids of this CLASSIC game.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:27 AM   #60
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
An all-time classic that is still the best NFL game ever made imo. I believe NCAA Football 14 finally passed NFL 2K5 for the total package. Figures it would be cancelled too. I'll give some credit to All Pro Football 2K8, but the lack of a dynasty mode really killed any chance for that game taking off.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1
Just glad to read a good right up about the game with details and facts. Not "NOT SCREW MADDEN 2K5 IS BETTER " that is notorious on this site. Ive always thought this game was cool and the ability to create youre own draft classes in the mode and edit them as well as the presentation are the only areas i have ever belived this game has over matched maden but even now madden is getting better but in the mode having chris berman with a talk up of everygame highlits on NFL PRIMETIME!!! madden has yet to capture that awesomeness!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 0
Lol dudes really crying because they see a 2k5 thread on the homepage? When all they have to do is look away? Sheesh and I thought they said Madden haters were bad.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #63
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
all the madden bandwagoners waiting for that EA bukkake. 2k played very well and would be on par with the nba 2k series crushing madden like nba 2k is crushing live.
Faulty logic, no one knows what would have happened. NHL 2K did not crush EA's NHL. MLB 2K was maligned constantly and had people begging for EA's MVP Baseball to come back. No one knows what would have happened, a new NFL 2K could have ended up more like MLB 2K.

I have always preferred Madden, but I did enjoy 2K5. I still think the presentation immersion found in 2K5 is the best ever done, but as an overall game I prefer Madden.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #64

OVR: 34

I think all posters on OS, writers or members, should be greeted with a "will this fuel the 2k/madden war" warning before hitting the post button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »