Home

The Power of "The BOX"

This is a discussion on The Power of "The BOX" within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2004, 12:33 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: The Power of \"The BOX\"

do you think that xbox next would be delayed due to the fact that xbox 1 is so powerful...i saying...what would happen next yr...or two...and ps3 was released...it most likely would cost 300 right...but why would games spend 300 on that...when the xbox is good in its own right...and xna...would lead to more quality games for xbox...

anybody...
Old 05-04-2004, 12:38 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
do you think that xbox 2 next would be delayed due to the fact that xbox 1 is so powerful...i saying...what would happen next yr...or two...and ps3 was released...it most likely would cost 300 right...but why would games spend 300 on that...when the xbox is good in its own right...and xna...would lead to more quality games for xbox...

anybody...

You know..i was a little disappointed to hear xbox 2 could be out next year. There is much more power in the xbox that hasnt been tapped yet. Chronicles of Riddick that comes out in June is truly the next step in what the xbox can do. Wait till you see this game in motion like i have ..its truely amazing. I honestly hope the xbox dont come out til early 06 just cause i dont wanna have to go out and buy a new system so soon but if they do come out ..i'll be right there in line at 12 midnight picking up my xbox 2 and ps3. I like both systems..i just like xbox more..i like its graphics capabilities and i love what it can do.

MS wants to go head to head with Sony's ps3 so bringing out the xbox first could help them but it could back fire on them...just like launching the DC before ps2 did..though i think the DC failed cause of Sega's past mistake with Saturn and the lack of good 3rd party support which was mainly due to the HIGH success of ps1 and their upcoming release of ps2 - that combination killed the Dreamcast.
Old 05-04-2004, 09:04 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
do you think that xbox next would be delayed due to the fact that xbox 1 is so powerful...i saying...what would happen next yr...or two...and ps3 was released...it most likely would cost 300 right...but why would games spend 300 on that...when the xbox is good in its own right...and xna...would lead to more quality games for xbox...

anybody...

If Sony announces that the PS3 will be released by a certain date, look for the Xbox Next to release the same day. I read the comments right after this post and Moe had a good point. If the Xbox still has a ton of potential that has not been utilized as of now, then I would much rather hold onto my $300 for an extra year or two. I do have an informed source that stated the current Xbox was only using about 17% of its capabilities, when NFL2k3 came out. That is a TON of untapped power! Think back to NFL2k3. The graphics looked great, there was some ESPN atmosphere and a virtual Madison Square Garden for Draft Day. All this at only 17%. Now TRIPLE this. You STILL are only at about HALF of what the Xbox can do! We are talking no repeat commentary, no repeat celebrations and no repeat injury animations during a game if the Xbox gets even to 80%.

I am like most other hard core gamers. When the best comes out, I buy it. If it is $100, I buy it. If it is $500, I buy it. If Xbox Next does make its debut next year for the release of NFL2k6, I will buy it. Now if NFL2k6 is not developed for the Xbox 2 by the time it is released, then I will wait until the following year. Notice that the launch of new consoles always seems to coincide with the NFL season? It's not an accident!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2004, 10:08 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:

anybody...

...If it is $500, I buy it.

YOU buy it? Or do your parents buy it?

Boy, I wish I could make statements like that.

Old 05-04-2004, 11:22 AM   #53
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

How about the oft-mentioned.... Real-time dirty uniforms? Or at least some semblance of it. Where they don't ALL get dirty at the start of "X" quarter. Also, where they get a little dirty even in non-inclement weather, but FILTY in rain.

Footprints in snow? Splashing puddles? Voluminous snow?

Out of curiousity, why would they need a hard drive to add uni's that get dirty as the game progresses? The "other game"( ) has had this for several years, and it didn't require large amounts of disk space.

Yea, but think about all the other space hogs ESPN had last year that THE OTHER GAME didn't. Things like sharper textures, lighting, halftime shows, cutscenes, etc.

So they couldn't add something as basic as uni's getting dirty during a game because it was more important to have halftime shows and some guy waving and saying "hi,mom"?

Sounds like a questionable design decision to me...

Just think for a second! How many animations does ESPN2k have to load from their libary when you start up a game compared to Madden? Now add in the fact that each players jersey has to get dirty as the game goes on with all of these animations load not even taking into account the backups that come on the field who's gear is/should not be as dirty as the starters jerseys.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #54
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

How about the oft-mentioned.... Real-time dirty uniforms? Or at least some semblance of it. Where they don't ALL get dirty at the start of "X" quarter. Also, where they get a little dirty even in non-inclement weather, but FILTY in rain.

Out of curiousity, why would they need a hard drive to add uni's that get dirty as the game progresses? The "other game"( ) has had this for several years, and it didn't require large amounts of disk space.

Yea, but think about all the other space hogs ESPN had last year that THE OTHER GAME didn't. Things like sharper textures, lighting, halftime shows, cutscenes, etc.

So they couldn't add something as basic as uni's getting dirty during a game because it was more important to have halftime shows and some guy waving and saying "hi,mom"?

Just think for a second! How many animations does ESPN2k have to load from their libary when you start up a game compared to Madden? Now add in the fact that each players jersey has to get dirty as the game goes on with all of these animations load not even taking into account the backups that come on the field who's gear is/should not be as dirty as the starters jerseys.
Old 05-04-2004, 11:23 AM   #55
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

NYG_Meth said:
Quote:

coogrfan said:
Quote:

gooberstabone said:
Heh, heh, get 'im Meth.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2004, 11:51 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 1

Alright already. No need to post it twice. (Just kidding. Computer prolly froze.)

But in response to what someone said earlier, I don't think the harddrive is needed in order to implement dirty jerseys well.

What I was saying was that with the game being designed from the XBOX architecture, then there should really be no excuse why they COULDN'T do it. Especially seeing that so many (including myself) want to see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »