Home

im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one?

This is a discussion on im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 05:42 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one?

Quote:

nine0bison said:
Whichever TV you purchase, make sure that you get Monster Cables.

well if he has xbox, get the HD Pack.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:45 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

Monster cables if ur willing to dish the money out for him. Gold-plated beauties built to last.
Old 05-07-2004, 06:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

nine0bison said:
Whichever TV you purchase, make sure that you get Monster Cables.

Over-priced and over-rated
Old 05-07-2004, 06:03 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was just thinking, What if ESPN 2005 drops the ball again like last year with the box stating its 720p but is only 480p? 480p isn't really worth buying an HDTV unless you have HD channels or just need a bigger screen.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:44 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 12

I agree on Monster Cable being overrated and overpriced. Build quality may be better but regular cables aren't going to melt away or something.

The 720p for ESPN NFL is a good question. It's easier to support higher resolutions in baseball than football because more objects have to be on screen. Was ESPN NBA at 720p this year? Baseball should be pretty demanding too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2004, 02:25 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

wco81 said:
I agree on Monster Cable being overrated and overpriced. Build quality may be better but regular cables aren't going to melt away or something.

The 720p for ESPN NFL is a good question. It's easier to support higher resolutions in baseball than football because more objects have to be on screen. Was ESPN NBA at 720p this year? Baseball should be pretty demanding too.

Monster cables are the best cables you can get. If you don't think that the extra shielding makes a differencec, than you just haven't seen a side-by-side comparison between monster cables and regular "shielded" cables.

Regular compenent is still good, don't get me wrong, but you can notice a difference between the highest quality monster (THX) vs. monsters regular compentent cable... and you can really notice a difference between THX and other brands regular component cables...

Now, there is the issue of diminishing returns with the higher priced monster. The higher the quality cable, the smaller the improvement, and the higher the price.

Oh, and Monster cables are guaranteed for life. So if you buy a great pair of cables, you can use them as long as possible.

But, if spending $20-$50 extra bucks to get a incrementally less better picture isn't for you, than don't bother. But don't post as if monster cables don't make a difference if that's what you were trying to do.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:37 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

cables are not overrated at all... problem is ppl that DONT have equipment that actually NEED high end cables, buy hi end cables and expect the cables will performa a mircacle.

you need your ENTIRE equipment to be hi end in order to see a difference with cabling... that said, i agree that monster cables (altough being excellent) are a bit overpriced for its quality... imho AUDIOQUEST is a much better value... i think Audioquest is much better than monster cable.
Old 05-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #24
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

Check out the HDTV sticky in the EE forum - there is a ton of info in there.

I am not sure why this thread stayed opened in here so long, but its severly offtopic.

BD
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »