Home

im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one?

This is a discussion on im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 04:41 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one?

im liking these two, but im unsure if they are good or not. i mean, whats with all the designations?... 1080i 480p 480i 720i 720p...and do i even need to worry about those?

anyways, i was wonderin if some of you HDTV savvy guys could check these two out, and tell me if they are up to par. thanks

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=...0+inches+and+up

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=...+-+30-40+inches
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 05:01 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: im going to buy an HDTV for this game...question is, which one?

I have the Sony one on the bottom and like 59 people on IGN has it too. It's a great TV for a good price.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:14 AM   #3
Banned

awesome...are the tube tv's better than projection tv's for gaming??
Old 05-07-2004, 09:44 AM   #4
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

He's right, get the tube.

Tube's are better in every respect except size. Better viewing angle, better for games, better blacks, better in a room with normal light. Unless you're watching movies in your basement, the Sony tube is definitely the way to go. Sony tubes in general are still the nicest picture you can get at major retail outlet. And tubes generally cost less than DLP, LCD or CRT projection, and obviously cheaper than Plasmas. But even Plasmas and DLPs don't have quite the same black reproduction (look at how faded the colors on an LCD look -- that's bad).

Hope that's helpful
Old 05-07-2004, 09:53 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Your gonna spend all that money just to play a game on it, damn I wish I were you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2004, 10:43 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

jdawg said:
He's right, get the tube.

Tube's are better in every respect except size. Better viewing angle, better for games, better blacks, better in a room with normal light. Unless you're watching movies in your basement, the Sony tube is definitely the way to go. Sony tubes in general are still the nicest picture you can get at major retail outlet. And tubes generally cost less than DLP, LCD or CRT projection, and obviously cheaper than Plasmas. But even Plasmas and DLPs don't have quite the same black reproduction (look at how faded the colors on an LCD look -- that's bad).Hope that's helpful

The game will most likely (well hopefully) be in 720p so buying a TV with that as the native resolution would be a good thing. Some TV's can't handle 720p so the TV will downconvert to 480p. I have a Samsung DLP (native 720p) and I am very pleased with it when it comes to gaming. ESPN MLB looks very impressive on it at 720p. Sure the black level may not be on par with a Tube TV but unless you are watching/playing something that is very dark in nature, it really isn't a concern... Besides, try to find a 50" tube (Or any tube that weighs 68 lbs)
Old 05-07-2004, 10:45 AM   #7
Rookie

Forgot one thing, unless you have an xbox, I would not buy a HDTV for this game but owning a HDTV is NEVER a bad thing
Old 05-07-2004, 11:12 AM   #8
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12

Ha, try finding a 40" tube. If I ever find myself with some money, a Samsung DLP is prolly gonna be the way I want to go. Even the trim looks nice. Yeah, a Sony tube looks nicer, and it costs less ($1,699 is a nice deal hombre), but a good DLP... nice stuff.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »