Home

2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

This is a discussion on 2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2004, 01:52 PM   #41
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2 More E3 ESPN NFL 2005 Movie Clips

and the age-old equation

A + E = D

where A= anticipation
E= Excietment
D= disapointment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 01:55 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Good post. I've also been thinking that these guys must be used to Madden.. There's absolutely no reason to be running around in the pocket like that, if you know what you're doing in ESPN. Let the cpu take your drop while you're looking for your primary receiver (and if he's covered, the open man), and get rid of the ball. In fact, it even makes ESPN look bad if you're playing it like you would Madden. 2 completely different styles.

These guys are clearly Madden players. You would think EA would've took care of this already. That drop back has been in Madden forever. I guess playmaker wouldn't work without it.

The #1 thing I like about VC is they listen albeit some of the complaints are unwarrented they still listen and try to fix or tweak the issues with their games.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:00 PM   #43
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Here's the problem: I played the hell out of Madden, ESPN, and NCAA. Maybe they will surprise me later, but from what I've seen, in terms of nuances, the way players move in response to the way the human moves, im not seeing a lot of new things that jus jump out at me. I'm seeing new animations, and those are all fine and dandy, but i wanna see different reactions, and those you can see from movies. Then again, it is just May.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:03 PM   #44
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

K_GUN said:

and the age-old equation

A + E = D

where A= anticipation
E= Excietment
D= disapointment

You can say that again. I can't count how many times I've been let down by a game.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:08 PM   #45
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

sportsgeist said:
yeah these last 2 movies were of the Xbox version for sure. If people still think Madden's player models are still better after seeing these last 2 movies they have to be smoking something. Even the grass looks more realistic in the Xbox version. VC isn't gonna take every animation out and replace because they don't have to. They just needed to add some transition animations.

ESPN NFL 2005 will be off the chain.

Actually I think the grass is still piss poor quality, but maybe that's just me. It's not a huge factor in the game anyway, but it'd be nice if the grass actually looked like grass not green carpet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2004, 02:09 PM   #46
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
Love the vids; big props OS. So far, seems like it's been mainly Madden players playing the game, seeing as how they're attempting to run all around the backfield w/the QB. I LOVED the delivery by Fiedler on the TD pass in #70, and the replays look sick. I can't wait to do manual replays myself to see all of the peripheral stuff going on.

Running seems to be REALLY tough though. Not sure if it's the people playing the game or that they toughened it up that much. It'll be good to see people playing the game as it's intended (rather than picking it up and trying to play it like Madden) to get a better idea. It's looking great right now though; the lighting and textures in the last two were fantastic - and I just picked up my XBox this past Tuesday (loving it so far btw). This game should be a beast.

Yeah, this year running was tough, at least in the version they had at the show. But the good thing is it really felt like you were earning your yards, where last year you'd just get cheesey 70 yard runs. The one run I busted out at the show made me feel like I really earned it, since I only had one in about 5 games.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:14 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Fetter21 said:
Quote:

spankdatazz22 said:
Love the vids; big props OS. So far, seems like it's been mainly Madden players playing the game, seeing as how they're attempting to run all around the backfield w/the QB. I LOVED the delivery by Fiedler on the TD pass in #70, and the replays look sick. I can't wait to do manual replays myself to see all of the peripheral stuff going on.

Running seems to be REALLY tough though. Not sure if it's the people playing the game or that they toughened it up that much. It'll be good to see people playing the game as it's intended (rather than picking it up and trying to play it like Madden) to get a better idea. It's looking great right now though; the lighting and textures in the last two were fantastic - and I just picked up my XBox this past Tuesday (loving it so far btw). This game should be a beast.

Yeah, this year running was tough, at least in the version they had at the show. But the good thing is it really felt like you were earning your yards, where last year you'd just get cheesey 70 yard runs. The one run I busted out at the show made me feel like I really earned it, since I only had one in about 5 games.

And that's what I like to hear fetter. No more cheesy BS runs where it feels like the A.I is just going against you GIVING the other person yards. And I hate giving up a TD off BS like that. If you caught me in a bad play call or out of position and burn me then fine, but if it's I got people in position and the RB just breaks 5 Tackles Ughhhh!!! Good job of getting rid of it. If they leave it the way it is, some people will be pissed though because that's what they rely on CHEESY running. Take it away from them VC. Take it away.
Old 05-22-2004, 02:25 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 6

1. the o lines suck.. I mean no real pocket there is always 1-2 defenders comming at the QB so you have to drop back very far ala Madden.
2. you are lying if you think the running animation has gotten some huge upgrade
3. since when can the Falcons D from last year just stuff ricky williams like that?
4. 5 wrs vs 3 dbs and the D wins.
5. oline sucks some more.. 5lineman 4dlineman n 1db and they D breaks through the line in a snap

The rest of the stuff looks great ho.. but the oline just looks too confused, people diss Madden cus of the drop backs and you can see it works in this game too if peopl euse it, but they have to now cus they get no pocket, it looks like they want all of the games to be 10-7, 7-3, 9-6.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »