Home

Football Friday (6-4-04)

This is a discussion on Football Friday (6-4-04) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2004, 02:25 PM   #17
Plays well in Tennessee

Klue516's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Football Friday (6-4-04)

Quote:

jordan0386 said:
madden popularity as mainstream...espn could garner that much respect...its possible i guess

"yo,madden is tight!"
"have you heard about espn?"

***room goes silent***

sh...like that could happen

I have tried this type of strategy before with my college roomates and it went something like this.....

Roomate1: "yo,madden is tight!"
Klue: "True, but have you ever heard of ESPN!?!"
Roomate2: "Yeah, i watch it all the time."
Klue: "No , i'm talking about ESPN NFL2k5!"

***room goes silent***

Roomate 1,2 and 3: ****All break out in floor dropping laughter****

Klue:
Old 06-06-2004, 05:23 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 18

things is, they better get a clue
come august...or their gonna be missing out big time
Old 06-06-2004, 07:13 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, this game is looking amazing. EA has no chance. I am so hyped for this game. The cheerleaders look amazing and there looks to be a 5 jet fly-by for the Superbowl. WOW!!
Old 06-07-2004, 10:48 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

You know, I had been putting off looking at much about ESPN NFL because I knew it would make it that much harder to wait until August. But I caved and downloaded the movies.

Wow! Kudos to Sega for creating trailers that really get you pumped up for the game. I couldn't tell if some of the issues had been fixed, but the atmosphere looks to be astounding.

And of course, now I can't wait
Old 06-07-2004, 12:14 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Thanks for the videos Steve!

I was VERY impressed with what I saw. It is becoming more and more clear that ESPN 2k5 is EXPANDING their presentation style, not just updating it from last year. Unlike the first movie we saw, I was hard-pressed to find ANY repeat cut-scenes from 2k4. This is incredible! I laughed out loud at that one clip of TO tossing the ball to a fan after a touchdown! REALLY good stuff! Eagle fans are going to be in for a treat this year having him on their real and video game team!

Skies look much improved. Animations are coming along very nicely. The jerseys look magnificent. The return of the jet fly-over is AWESOME! That was one cut-scene that really made the Super Bowl special last year! I just hope that the Playoffs are treated special and much more enhanced than last year's title. The Playoffs last year looked, sounded and played just like a regular season game.

The Cheerleaders: There was a cut scene where it looks like the girls were being filmed with light reflection panes facing them. The view was from standing behind them looking at their backs. It looked like it was real film footage and not game pixels. If it turns out that it WAS the game's rendition of the cheerleaders, then this video is our very first glimpse of photo-realistic graphics!

Also, reading the Football Friday segment, it stated that the game will be out in EARLY August. WHAT!?!?! How can this be? Is that going to be enough time to work out the bugs? I don't know about you NFL2kers out there, but I would feel more comfortable waiting until the last week of August to assure that more bugs will be fixed.

Thanks again Steve!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2004, 12:34 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Klue516 said:
Quote:

jordan0386 said:
madden popularity as mainstream...espn could garner that much respect...its possible i guess

"yo,madden is tight!"
"have you heard about espn?"

***room goes silent***

sh...like that could happen

I have tried this type of strategy before with my college roomates and it went something like this.....

Roomate1: "yo,madden is tight!"
Klue: "True, but have you ever heard of ESPN!?!"
Roomate2: "Yeah, i watch it all the time."
Klue: "No , i'm talking about ESPN NFL2k5!"

***room goes silent***

Roomate 1,2 and 3: ****All break out in floor dropping laughter****

Klue:

All you have to do is stick ESPN in and play it in front of them. Since they think Madden is the most realistic football game they shouldn't have trouble beating you in a game right?. Challenge them to a game and open up a can of whup @$$ on them.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:31 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18

videogames are the greatest besides women

AUGUST IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 02:46 PM   #24
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:

Dark_Lord_Vader said:
Thanks for the videos Steve!

I was VERY impressed with what I saw. It is becoming more and more clear that ESPN 2k5 is EXPANDING their presentation style, not just updating it from last year. Unlike the first movie we saw, I was hard-pressed to find ANY repeat cut-scenes from 2k4. This is incredible! I laughed out loud at that one clip of TO tossing the ball to a fan after a touchdown! REALLY good stuff! Eagle fans are going to be in for a treat this year having him on their real and video game team!

Skies look much improved. Animations are coming along very nicely. The jerseys look magnificent. The return of the jet fly-over is AWESOME! That was one cut-scene that really made the Super Bowl special last year! I just hope that the Playoffs are treated special and much more enhanced than last year's title. The Playoffs last year looked, sounded and played just like a regular season game.

The Cheerleaders: There was a cut scene where it looks like the girls were being filmed with light reflection panes facing them. The view was from standing behind them looking at their backs. It looked like it was real film footage and not game pixels. If it turns out that it WAS the game's rendition of the cheerleaders, then this video is our very first glimpse of photo-realistic graphics!

Also, reading the Football Friday segment, it stated that the game will be out in EARLY August. WHAT!?!?! How can this be? Is that going to be enough time to work out the bugs? I don't know about you NFL2kers out there, but I would feel more comfortable waiting until the last week of August to assure that more bugs will be fixed.

Thanks again Steve!

I just pray the Cheerleaders don't remind me of the Joker from the batman movies...I swear the 2k4 cheerleaders had a smile surgically frozen on their faces, it's kinda creepy

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »