Home

Why is it that...

This is a discussion on Why is it that... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Why is it that...

Vc can't get the uni's correct? This is something that has bothered me for some time now, if you're wondering what I am refering to it's the stripe on the Steelers pants.I know to some of you this is not that big of deal,but I don't think that it's asking to much to get to get this right.
Is it a gamebreaker? hell no! but it's just a small detail that I think Vc should be able to take care of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2004, 10:07 PM   #2
Rookie

dump's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why is it that...

Quote:

CowherPower said:
Vc can't get the uni's correct? This is something that has bothered me for some time now, if you're wondering what I am refering to it's the stripe on the Steelers pants.I know to some of you this is not that big of deal,but I don't think that it's asking to much to get to get this right.
Is it a gamebreaker? hell no! but it's just a small detail that I think Vc should be able to take care of.

of all the things to care about... the stripe on the pittsburgh steelers pants isn't even on the radar screen imo.

would it be hard to fix? no

when it comes down to it, does it even register as an issue? NO
Old 06-04-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:

dump said:
of all the things to care about... the stripe on the pittsburgh steelers pants isn't even on the radar screen imo.

would it be hard to fix? no

when it comes down to it, does it even register as an issue? NO

Maybe not an issue to YOU but to me it is,just like the facemask being to low issue,does it bother me? no,but to alot of others it does.I'm very sorry that I care how the uni's look,all I am saying is ,with all the strides Vc is making towards realism that they should be able to get it right.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:36 PM   #4
GATA

bdunn13's Arena

OVR: 19

I guess they are spending too much time improving gameplay and forgeting the important stuff.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
Daydream Believer

Flyboy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
I guess they are spending too much time improving gameplay and forgeting the important stuff.

bdunn, can I make a Madden allusion here? Pretty please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2004, 11:28 PM   #6
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:

bdunn13 said:

Well it all goes without saying what's important for some isn't important for others.I guess it's not important for uni's to be correct,or facemasks being to low,or cleats to be jacked up. All I mean is I can understand vc improving gameplay issues,but the stuff I am mentioning is cosmetic,like while I said isn't a gambreaker, but it is something that I feel should be corrected.
Old 06-04-2004, 11:36 PM   #7
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

While I agree that the cosmetic things can be annoying. When it comes down to it, i would rather they spend their time on gameplay first and then IF they have time fix things like the Steelers stripe.

Although I would much rather have in-game saves than the proper facemask positioning (which you don't even see during gameplay) or proper cleats or anything trivial like that.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:56 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

IMO, they are really trying to step up the presentation this year and make it as true to life as possible. However, when you have team uniforms that are incorrect and with the wrong colors it really detracts from the very thing they are shooting for. This is art, not programming so fixing the problems would not detract from making the gameplay better since artist don't work on gameplay. Therefore, there is no legimate excuse not to have the uniforms accurate and the colors correct. Is it a gamebreaker, NO! It is annoying none the less, especially when it is the team you play with in your franchise and you get to see it ever game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »