Home

MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!

This is a discussion on MAJOR PROBLEMS!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #9
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Only one I can address is the first one. Having talked to the guy writing the code on the phone the other day, I know for a fact that not too long ago they were still tweaking the pass protection stuff. So I don't think what you're seeing is the final code for that stuff.

Good news. The balancing is going to be critical. I would like to see AI that recognizes its beat, and a larger variety of holding animations. No end should ever go untouched unless its a blown assignment.

And BTW, why the hell didn't you record your conversation and post a transcript? Every word uttered by ANY employee of VC must be documented and shared with OS. First and only warning.

BK neglected to mention that it was "pillow talk". You don't want to hear that audio.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:26 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Serious problem: The O-Line, specifically the tackles sometimes let guys go with out even breathing on 'em. Seems that the line interactions are predicated on specific angles and depending on how fast the end gets upfield, the OT's sometime miss the point where the interaction is supposed to take place. Thats the only explanation I can think of for a guy actually brushing by an OT and no block animation triggers. We b!tched about the lack of sacks 2 years ago, so I guess we had this one comin'.

If youy had watched Tra Thomas last year, you'd have seen that this isn't as unrealistic as you might think.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 AM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Only one I can address is the first one. Having talked to the guy writing the code on the phone the other day, I know for a fact that not too long ago they were still tweaking the pass protection stuff. So I don't think what you're seeing is the final code for that stuff.

Good news. The balancing is going to be critical. I would like to see AI that recognizes its beat, and a larger variety of holding animations. No end should ever go untouched unless its a blown assignment.

And BTW, why the hell didn't you record your conversation and post a transcript? Every word uttered by ANY employee of VC must be documented and shared with OS. First and only warning.

BK neglected to mention that it was "pillow talk". You don't want to hear that audio.

Don't you have a dougnut to seduce or something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

ZXLT said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Serious problem: The O-Line, specifically the tackles sometimes let guys go with out even breathing on 'em. Seems that the line interactions are predicated on specific angles and depending on how fast the end gets upfield, the OT's sometime miss the point where the interaction is supposed to take place. Thats the only explanation I can think of for a guy actually brushing by an OT and no block animation triggers. We b!tched about the lack of sacks 2 years ago, so I guess we had this one comin'.

If youy had watched Tra Thomas last year, you'd have seen that this isn't as unrealistic as you might think.

On the one vid where Boller throws the INT, the DE's run a contain stunt. The user should have stepped up there. That's even in this year's game. If you run 5 Wide the DE's get a big jump. All you gotta do is stop the QB from dropping as soon as the ball is hiked and the OT's will get them the majority of the time. Not making excuses for this issue though. That's Jonathan Ogden folks, best tackle in football IMO, he can't just let guys come through like that.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:38 AM   #13
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Quote:

Clay_OS said:
Quote:

HMcCoy said:
Quote:

bkrich83 said:

Don't you have a dougnut to seduce or something?

I don't know... I'll go look.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:44 AM   #14
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

These seem to be pretty nit picky.
I'm more concerned with statistical accuracy and a maybe a lack of a slider for QB accuracy for long, short and medium passing.
Also, I hope they didn't put anymore time into the "crib" crap. I'm old school and I think that's truly a punk item, totally worthless and has no bearing on gameplay.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

The QB animation needs to be tweaked. Boiler flipped back and fourth in the pocket. Looked very unrealistic. He should side step instead of flipping back and fourth.

The actually football animation looks great. You actually see the spiral and the laces on the ball while it is in the air. nice!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 10:02 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:

Bobolini said:
These seem to be pretty nit picky.
I'm more concerned with statistical accuracy and a maybe a lack of a slider for QB accuracy for long, short and medium passing.
Also, I hope they didn't put anymore time into the "crib" crap. I'm old school and I think that's truly a punk item, totally worthless and has no bearing on gameplay.

neither did madden cards imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »