Home

MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!

This is a discussion on MAJOR PROBLEMS!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 10:32 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MAJOR PROBLEMS!!!

"Serious Problem" is caused because every year some solo artist (gamer who only plays single player) whines because he can't do something against the CPU. VC decides to appease that complaint and ends up screwing those of us who only play real competion (ie. online). The running game would be another example. The running game in NFL2K3 was great. Virtual GMs complained, hence 2004’s debacle of a running game. The NFL2K series used to have a problem in multiplayer mode with the DE being able to wreck havoc when controlled by a skilled gamer. I thought they handled it very well in 2004. Unfortunately, virtual Dynasty builders complained about a lack of sacks, hence what we MAY see in 2005. I have faith though that they learned their lesson and will not “dumb down” the game like they did in 2004.

"Medium Problem" I agree with. This is the type of thing that VC does that always leaves me scratching my head. Why wouldn't QBs fall under the same guidelines as other players in regards to better running animations, (ie no cuttting on a dime and a more fluid stride). I watch the clips and I can definitely see MUCH improved running animations for everyone EXCEPT the QB. They cleaned up the throwing animation for the QB so why they have (at least from what I’ve seen so far) not addressed the more “athletic” looking running stride for the QB is beyond me. If I was into conspiracy theory, I would think there may be a “sleeper” EA element amongst the developers at VC. This element will do anything in their power to make sure they always leave something in to give the Madden holdouts something to point to as the reason why they won’t step out of the “darkness” and into the light.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:35 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 10

I think people need to realize that these demos are porbably set on rookie or Pro and we all know those 2 settings the CPU players don't make the smartest decisions.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:07 PM   #19
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

bkrich83 said:
Only one I can address is the first one. Having talked to the guy writing the code on the phone the other day, I know for a fact that not too long ago they were still tweaking the pass protection stuff. So I don't think what you're seeing is the final code for that stuff.

And I can address the 3rd one. The full spectrum of momentum animations has not been shown in any of the builds we've seen to date. Will the final copy have all that we desire? That still remains to be seen, but it'll be more than we've seen to this point.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #20
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:

bdunn13 said:
I will be happy as long as I don't have to read and moderate 1000 threads about a left handed QB not throwing as many TDs as a right handed QB.

Lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »