Home

7 New IGN Vids

This is a discussion on 7 New IGN Vids within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: 7 New IGN Vids

Quote:

illidan said:
those were some of the worse plays I have ever seen, ESPN really needs to fix the 0-line. The outside Offensive Line man was getting burnt in each and every play by the DE on both sides, on one of the plays the player has to take control of the DE and run him away from the QB so the guy has a second to make a play downfield, guess I will be tweaking the O-lines speed and pass blocking abilities, and then having to tone down the DE just like last year, what a load of crap.

Stuff like this is why most madden players hate the series, because it takes days to tweak this game to perfection. Where as madden plays better out of the box.

Well the reason why this happens is because guys just drop straight back. Plus the person on D was running alot of fan stunts. If you drop straight back vs fan you will die. It would look better if the offensive lineman got a hand on him I agree. But this is why after you make your pre snap coverage read, when you hike the ball, read the defensive line. IF they are fanning, you better step up between Guard and Center and make a pass or just run because if you drop back you are dead meat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 10:16 AM   #42
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
Quote:

Anaxamander said:
Quote:

djep said:
I love checking out the vids but if I gotta see that Dodgeball promo one more time....

I hear ya. It looks like the dumbest f'n movie I've ever seen. It makes BASEketball look like Citizen Kane.

In other complaints, can someone please send a memo to the people playing in these vids for IGN that running plays DO exist and so does the pocket if you don't drop back 20+ yards?

Make sure illidan gets a copy of the memo, too.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

true but it just looked as though the the 0-line was terrible.

They did fix the FB blocking out of the backfield though.

That one play where mcnabb gets a 60-70 yard pass over the middle was garbage, it looked like 2k3 to me, the safety stops in the wrong zone jumps in the air and completly misses the pass.

What memo are you guys talking about?
Sending an email to IGN, yeah that will do alot of good LOL

FYI im a huge fan of 2k5, much more so than madden, and I think the game can be perfect after you tweak each and every player on each and every team.

Last year we ended up turning all CBS up to about a 99, rating, same with safeties, o-line ,line backers, Fullbacks, and then turned down QB running speed, after we did all of this we were amazed at the level of realizm.

Old 06-18-2004, 10:37 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 21

illidan, watch the halftime highlights video and watch how the QB gets rid of the ball after completing his drop. It takes a lot of Madden fans time to get used to just letting the cpu handle your 3 or 5 step drops for you. (You can tell whether it's a play designed for a 3 or a 5 step drop by the number that is in the name of the play). Instead of doing anything with the analog stick to control your QB as he does his drop, keep your eye on your receivers. You have to get rid of the ball much quicker in ESPN than what you're used to with Madden.

But if you keep dropping back, you're asking for nothing but trouble in ESPN. Sacks, bad throws, interceptions, etc. No amount of slider tweaking will ever change that. That's one thing that makes ESPN so good. Again, check out the halftime highlight vid. That's how you play this game. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll love it. You may find other things you don't like or would like to see changed, but the QB drops won't be one of them.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:42 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree, dropping back in the pocket 15 yards should warrant a sack every time, but the O-line doesn't even get a hand on the DE.

I have been playing this series since 2k1 (reason I got a dreamcast) and my biggest complaint has always been the o-line, in 2k1, you could run right over the guys if you timed the hike right and did the R+L buttons at the same time, then in 2k2, and 2k3, the o-line would literally run in place after the guy they were supposed to be blocking was chasing the QB. 2k4 was a little better but still not on par with madden O-Line capabilities, but like I said if you turn the 0-line way up in pass blocking and turn down the DE speed a little you can come up with a solution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 11:02 AM   #46
MVP

RahKhem's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
illidan, watch the halftime highlights video and watch how the QB gets rid of the ball after completing his drop. It takes a lot of Madden fans time to get used to just letting the cpu handle your 3 or 5 step drops for you. (You can tell whether it's a play designed for a 3 or a 5 step drop by the number that is in the name of the play). Instead of doing anything with the analog stick to control your QB as he does his drop, keep your eye on your receivers. You have to get rid of the ball much quicker in ESPN than what you're used to with Madden.

But if you keep dropping back, you're asking for nothing but trouble in ESPN. Sacks, bad throws, interceptions, etc. No amount of slider tweaking will ever change that. That's one thing that makes ESPN so good. Again, check out the halftime highlight vid. That's how you play this game. Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll love it. You may find other things you don't like or would like to see changed, but the QB drops won't be one of them.

Or you could have cheesed and thrown that amazingly accurate corner route off the back foot that was easily more frustrating than any other thing in ESPNNFL.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #47
All Star

OVR: 21

I think VC is going to have to include a tutorial on playcalling and using appropriate QB drops (sadly). It's funny that Madden players are so programmed to moving their QB to an open space, and having so much time to throw. They immediately take off out of the pocket without even giving the OL a chance to block.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:19 AM   #48
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Man I had the same problems with the game at first especially after coming on the board and seeing what flaws others saw, but I found darn near perfect sliders and its been "like butter" ever since. Every problem like the corner route and even the super running backs all were fixed without touching attributes. Now online it is a different story but I had some good games online as well. All in all after settling with some sliders the game played the best football out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »