Home

IGN POTD

This is a discussion on IGN POTD within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 AM   #9
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: IGN POTD

This, by all means, is an excellent video, but I have some minor complaints about it.

(SPOILER ALERT!)

I think that the interview with Suzy and Daunte at the very end was a revolutionary idea, but I guess this example never really worked out. Suzy's line was so dramatically delivered, it seemed like Arizona/Minnesota was a NFC Championship game or a Super Bowl matchup rather than a pre-season game. The voice and lines they used for Daunte, however, was pretty good and didn't seem "scripted" at all, unlike Kolber's. I just hope that they have different voices for different players...after all, it'd be a good laugh if we hear an African-American accent and dialect coming out of a player like Peyton Manning or Drew Bledsoe. Knowing VC, however, this is probably going to be taken care of. Finally, a part at the end that I had a chuckle at was Daunte patting Suzy on the shoulder as he walked off to the dressing room. Now, all we need is a drunken Joe Namath and...

The other little complaint I have to mention is, other than the "after an interception" line, is that Berman's commentary was a little bit choppy but that's a minor complaint anyway, not a game killer.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:31 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Another spoiler:

That first pass (flea flicker) on the highlights goes right through the defenders hands, that has me worried. Other than that, the game highlights thing si a cool idea. At this point, the definatly looks better than Madden, no question about it.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:50 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

The voicework of Boomer is terribly patched together BUT i'd rather have it how it is somewhat choppy (reminds me of Joe Montana Football) than have nothing at all. It really LOOKS nice and is well put together. As someone said they need to show the scores as they happen, not show the final score the entire time. Fix that and make the voicework flow a bit better and it'll be....

AWESOME POSSUM!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 12:58 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 22

Thx for the find bro

One thing i found and its a little nitpick and nothing more but the ball carriers run a little too upright - the ball carriers should be bent over a tad more. I think it would make the game look a bit better overall.

Other then that i give nothing but praises for what VC has done
Old 07-02-2004, 04:25 AM   #13
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

This is a pretty nice feature. Knowing me I'll probably get bored with it after a few games but its still a nice feature. I would love for them to add that to ESPN NBA as well.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:54 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

warnerwlf98 said:
but I did notice that Chris Berman kept saying "after an interception . . . "

They also could have displayed the scoring incrementally, instead of just displaying the final score while going through all those highlights.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the score - I wanted to see the game scoring unfold with the replays. As for Berman's constant "after the interception", I'm not too worried. I can only assume the hack playing with the Cardinals threw about 10 of them.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:17 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I also would like to see the replays at normal speed, not at 2/3 the speed, maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 08:21 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

My only problem with the video, came when C. Berman made the statement pre season, and I was like huh, simply because Daunte had a field day and didn't leave the game. Unless the user was the Vikings. I know the developer said in preseason, that in gamecast live feature you will see subs in preseason games, I wonder if the same could be said to the user being prompted to sub out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »