Home

Ratings are Position Specific!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Ratings are Position Specific!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2004, 01:55 AM   #17
Pr*

SEGA_LOYAL_FAN's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ratings are Position Specific!!!!!!

Quote:

backbreaker said:
Quote:

Aaenuel said:
Okay, so ratings like strength and jumping are indeed also position specific. However, this moves onto my next question and where everyone's real confusion comes in. If they are position specific, how do different positions interact with one another? For example, take the SS with the 92 rating. During gameplay, if he ran into an offensive lineman with 71 strength, would he absolutely level him? Or would the offensive lineman be able to outmuscle him simply because he is a huge o line guy?

Very good question, and one I don't have an answer for, It appears to me, that this would fall into their physics engine/ momentum. Now in real life we know the answer to that question. And I can bet by the scenario you described, that you've seen some inconsistency with the strength attribute. I hope someone here could chime in and give you a better than my non answer sorry.

Was this type of thing people could abuse in 2k4? I never ran into anyone online that subbed weird positions and stuff.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Marvin harrison is not faster than randy moss. Harrison has a speed rating of 98 but moss has 95. WTF. They still haven't fixed this, it just stupid like last years emmitt smith speed rating was higher then marshall faulk. I sorry but emmitt has never in his life been faster then faulk.
Old 07-11-2004, 03:01 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

Yea, that is pretty sketchy. I don't think anyone here would try to claim Harrison is faster than Moss... even with his Plantars Facitis
Old 07-11-2004, 04:01 AM   #20
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Tricky thing those player ratings for some strange reason they're never quite what we expect them to be and this topic comes up almost every season without fail which is why I think guys who do their homework seem to create a better roster than the ones repesented the game.

Thing is no matter how you adjust them they've got to fit the games core code and by fit,I mean view it like fitting a square peg in a round hole if the attributes are altered, enhanced or changed in anyway that could have an adverse affect on the games intentional core program and the core program never deveates from it instruction as far as its execution of them goes simular to Maddens suspicious and rumored "Hard Code".

I suspect that you could alter those rating attributes anyway you'd want to as long as they're realistic enough to "fit" the games code,in some ratings they seem unrealistic I mean what is the use adjusting or altering something if you're at or close to a crazy number like 98 speed thats not realistic for any player its almost perfect and in most cases you can't improve on it,but you can find a relistic medium and base off of it.

The gameplay should have a very adverse effect also such as in weather,field conditions,players condition,fatigue factors,conditions after big hits as in players durability and there could be other factors I'm missing here.

As far as being player specific thats nothing new gamers have know for years that those ratings were off thats why some guys do their own rosters based on realistic data provided through stat and sport sites and I like the fact they're rated like that, so you see a QB's rating at speed is something you'd compare to other QB's at the position,but just the thought of having such a outragous rating is a joke in itself 98 is just too fast for any player in cyber space a computer simulator or real life its just not realistic. there are too many other game senerios that could present themselves, I mean you can run only so fast right? Just my .02 cents worth.

Holla Back
Rickster101
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

Rocky said:
For instance, Dante Stallworth can run a blazing 40 dash, but is he faster than Marvin Harrison on the football field in a game situation???

hell yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2004, 06:47 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Speed is global and you can use the ratings to compare to 40 yard dash times (roughly).

4.2 = 100
4.3 = 95
4.4 = 90
4.5 = 85
4.6 = 80
4.7 = 75
4.8 = 70
4.9 = 65
5.0 = 60
5.1 = 55
5.2 = 50
5.3 = 45

I do wish VC would add ACCELERATION to players. Some players aren't fast but get to top speed quickly. I would also love the QB's accuracy to be broken down into short vs deep accuracy as some QB really throw a good deep ball (Blake) but aren't accurate in the short game or vice versa.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:53 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

If they go by position...explain these

Marvin Harison 98 speed
Randy Moss 95 speed

Same position, we all know Randy Moss is faster than Harrison.

Even if it by position, you took Mike Alstott and Priest Holmes, Alstott would have a quicker agility. That's not a valid point. I can understand your "overall" ratings, but as far as speed and agility go, its very questionable.

So how would everything be calculated, say Brian Dawkins was on another team and played the eagles, he blitzs and his strength is better than people on the Eagles OLine, would he run them over?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:

Mauler97 said:
And they can make Dwight Freeney faster than Terrell Owens just like he is in real life and not ruin the gameplay.

You can't be serious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »