Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2004, 01:21 PM   #65
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Beta Movie Clips (7-15-04)

Quote:

Blzer said:
Quote:

PSU said:
whatever person said that dan and peter is light years ahead is downright crazy, ive played every nfl from 2k1, and im STILL hearing lines i heard back then!! maybe u should go rent some of those game from the dreamcast and see for urself, not only that their voices r becoming so damn annoying right now, i cant stand that i pitched scratchy voice that the one has

Remember, they are adding lines. Why remove lines? Instead of hearing repetitiveness from years before, you would then start hearing repetitiveness from the same year, same game. Less lines = more repetitiveness.

I remember when I rented MLB SlugFest 2004, there was an option... you could choose either commentary from both 2003's and 2004's games, or you could just have it from 2004. If ESPN had this option, would you guys stop complaining?

ok well the thing is maybe u havent been playing this game is nfl 2k1 but i have, and personally i cant stand these 2 guys anymore. now thats just my opinion but im getting very sick and tired of listing to these dumn lines, it would be different if one or even both of them have a catchy voice but they dont, see thats where madden has the edge (al michaels has a catchy TV/voice) i will turn off the commentary this yr and just listin to the crowd and the players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Kruza said:
Quote:

azn_essence said:
yes, notice my edit, i know exactly what play that is. the next question arrives, why are they 4-3 against that formation?

The reason for that is because the Giants had put the Pro Set personnel package (2 WRs, 2 RBs, 1 TE) on the field, and the Eagles wanted to match up accordingly on defense with 4-3. The reason it looked awkward is because of the formation the Giants used in this play. Tiki Barber was split out left, and a RB lined up on the perimeter will throw a zone coverage scheme out of whack. Also, WR Amani Toomer was also lined up next to a tackle -- where TEs usually line up -- instead of being outside the tackle box. At first glance, the Giants play resembles the 'Kings' (3 WRs, 1 RB, 1 TE) personnel -> 'Double' formation, so it looks a bit deceptive.

Consider these things, and it's safe to say that the defense was just caught using a bad coverage against that particular offensive formation.

Kruza

Ahh I didn't notice barber over there, I thought that was a WR. And shockey I consider a WR when he is in the slot like that.
ughh the guy fell off shockey, that stupid animation is still here. Instead of helping with the tackle, he falls off
Old 07-15-2004, 01:28 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 2

Steve, the videos are amazing. All the animations and cutscenes look so realistic. Especially the injury cutscenes. Only 5 more days until I play the best football game available.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #68
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Thanks for the Giants clip, Steve.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:42 PM   #69
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

People don't usually change the way they call a game. They'll most probably say the same thing all the time, but what changes is there comments after/before a play. And I've notice that Dan and Peter have new comments and conversations. You'll NEVER EVER stop hearing "He gets the first down.", etc.... it's just the right thing to say.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:43 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 4

props on the clips...this game is about to be the blazini domepiece
Old 07-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 8

Thanks for all the videos and comments Steve. It's really making this week easier to cope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #72
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

azn_essence said:
Ahh I didn't notice barber over there, I thought that was a WR. And shockey I consider a WR when he is in the slot like that.

Yeah I do too, but that's the thing. Being on defense in this scenario, you may know Shockey is on the field by scoping out the personnel package name and such, but you don't know where he will line up until after you call your defensive play. Then everyone on both sides of the football lines up on the field. So it brings up a special situation where a defense would have to have certain emergency audibles handy strictly for this offensive formation so to avoid potentially bad matchups all over the field.

Kruza

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »